Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't use AIM!!!

Privacy is gone with aim.

Although you or the owner of the Content retain ownership of all right, title and interest in Content that you post to any AIM Product, AOL owns all right, title and interest in any compilation, collective work or other derivative work created by AOL using or incorporating this Content. In addition, by posting Content on an AIM Product, you grant AOL, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, agents and licensees the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt and promote this Content in any medium. You waive any right to privacy. You waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Content or to be compensated for any such uses.
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

That is really, really dodgy sounding...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I never hold any conversations using AIM now, but I will definitely avoid it like the plague now...is this actually lawful?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Doesn't surprise me.
        If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

Typical. I guess that this will go the way of Microsoft's Hotmail Licence Agreement a few years back (if that went).
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

I'm sure the U.S. goverment forced this. Blame Bush - or Ashcroft the departing attorney general.

They have to use AIM's in prosecuting child molesters I'm sure. You know, the one's that setup up a date with a supposed 13 year old, and it's really an FBI agent. That's the only evidence they have (aside from the word of the FBI agent).

Comment

Freedom?....Freedom?....

Anybody seen where freedom went?

Hello?
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
                Freedom?....Freedom?....

Anybody seen where freedom went?

Hello?
                People who use AOL tend not to be concerned about such things.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

People who use AOL tend not to be concerned about such things.
                  Indeed. That is a true statement.
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

So. MSN sucks. AIM sucks. IRC is no good for the same purpose. Yahoo

What's left? ICQ?

Let Google save us all!!!!
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

What's with ICQ then? It's the same protocol I think.

Comment

mIRC works fine for all of the stuff need it for, ie demogames. otherwise emails are quick enoough for me...
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                          So. MSN sucks. AIM sucks. IRC is no good for the same purpose. Yahoo

What's left? ICQ?

Let Google save us all!!!!
                          I think Skype has a message chat as well

If you put your trust in Google, well then you are hopeless. Companies are evil by definition, Google is no exception and the larger they get the more power they have.
                          It cannot be seen now because they are still growing a lot without having to do much to defend their marketshare, but once they are on the defense and a slight change in the board of directors, you'll see how evil they can get.

Anyway Fanboyism sucks big time! There are better things to waste your ideals on!

Comment

f you put your trust in Google, well then you are hopeless. Companies are evil by definition, Google is no exception and the larger they get the more power they have.

Sure. But they have yet to use their power to do serious evil to me. And their stuff actually works quite well.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Does this apply to those who use the network, or just those who use their client.

I don't use the AIM client - I use Adium.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X