Corporate crooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

???
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Most underfunding of plans aren't some sort of malicious devious plot. They are a result of negligence or general ignorance. Or companies that are going under who don't put the money in the accounts because they are broke.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

To get to 30% funding, you have to underfund the account for several years. And the difference is given out in salaries to the executives and workers. Both groups knew what was going on, and I'll continue to believe them both to be crooks of the highest order.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Ah, guilt before proven innocense. How... fitting from you.

I'd like to see what comes out from the bankrupcy proceedings.

You act like this is so amazingly rare as well... it's.. interesting.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

The airline companies are reaping what they sowed.

Deregulation:

Comment

Ah, guilt before proven innocense. How... fitting from you.
              We have prima facie evidence here, counseler. No need for conviction!

Comment

Evidence that the union was complicit? Where is that?

All I can see is evidence that the company underfunded the plan. Where the does the union get tarred with that brush?

Comment

Isn't it about time you guys sell out to Air France?
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Isn't it about time you guys sell out to Air France?
                    They're more than welcome to take on these bloodsuckers.

Comment

And I can imagine they'd more than happy to purchase a couple, pour la gloire française.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

A+

Comment

Evidence that the union was complicit? Where is that?
                          The International Association of Machinests and the Air Line Pilots Association had board seats, for chrissakes!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                            The fact is, United has been in trouble ever since deregulation as they (and others) have struggled to provide quality services at cut-throat prices. I have read in a number of sources that if you add up the yearly profit-losses of the US airline industry since December 1903, it is well into the red. Which doesn't surprise me - it's a tough business.
                            You'd think that an industry that's been in the red ever since it was invented wouldn't exist anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

The International Association of Machinests and the Air Line Pilots Association had board seats, for chrissakes!
                              [wacko right-wing mode]
                              OMG!! WE CAN'T HAVE WORKERS HAVE A SAY IN THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, THAT'S COMMUNIST!!!
                              [/wacko right-wing mode]

Comment

eh... that wasn't funny...

Comment

Working...
                                X