Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India the cheapest place for movies ?

Funny story I came across :

http://netindia123.com/showdetails.a...r+film+tickets!

If you think that watching a movie in a cinema hall in India is really expensive, then think twice, as a new research has revealed that India and the US are the cheapest countries to buy cinema tickets, when taken as a ratio to earnings.

According to the Cinema Index from market researcher Screen Digest, film tickets in India cost an average of 0.19 dollars, which means that movie goers here have to work for just 16 minutes to earn enough to buy a ticket, reports the BBC.

In India, workers earn an average of 0.70 dollars an hour, whereas across the globe, the average working time needed to pay for cinema admission is 57 minutes.

Cheapest countries for cinema tickets:

1. India - 16 minutes' wages

. US - 24 minutes' wages

. China - 26 minutes' wages

. Luxembourg - 28 minutes' wages

. Ireland - 30 minutes' wages

ost expensive countries for cinema tickets:

1. Bulgaria - 123 minutes' wages

2. Estonia - 118 minutes' wages

3. Thailand - 109 minutes' wages

4. Lithuania - 106 minutes' wages

5. Russia - 105 minutes' wages (ANI)

So how much is a movie in Europe? The theaters where I live run around US $10 a show. Rural theaters can be significantly cheaper though.

Also, in the US all movies have the same ticket price, this I hear is not the case abroad.
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Where I lived (Paris, Bordeaux, Stuttgart), movies generally cost between 6 and 9 €, depending where and when you watch them. There are ways to significantly reduce the price, though, if you're a frequent movie-goer.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Here it also depends on where and when, but the average is 3-3.5 €

I can't be arsed to calculate the minutes, but the average salary is 700 € or therebouts.

It's not exactly cheap, but most of the move halls are renovated now, with air conditioning, very good sound systems, so going to a movie is a good expirience again.

Comment

At the mega-chain multiplexes here, a ticket will usually cost £4-6 depending on student discount and then easily another £5 for a small popcorn and drink. A proper night out at the movies with someone (ticket, popcorn to share, two drinks, chocolate) will set me back £15-17
          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
            At the mega-chain multiplexes here, a ticket will usually cost £4-6 depending on student discount and then easily another £5 for a small popcorn and drink. A proper night out at the movies with someone (ticket, popcorn to share, two drinks, chocolate) will set me back £15-17

And no extra charge for the annoying, munching, slurping, mobile phone answering chavs who irritate you to the point of spree killing frenzy.

I'm still fond of 'bah bah bah bah baa baaaaaa' Pearl & Dean advertisements though.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

£6.50 in the suburbs of London...a ridiculous amount in the West End...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

So much? Do they serve at least free drinks in golden cups???
                Blah

Comment

The internet is the cheapest place for movies.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                    So much? Do they serve at least free drinks in golden cups???

Depending on the area, free golden drinks in cups.....
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Around here first run movies generally cost between $5.00 and $7.00, however we have a theater that specializes in "second run" movies, which only cost $1.00 to $1.50. Almost every movie that comes to town will geneerally reappear in the second run theater within one to two months after finishing at the first run theaters.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                      X