The Next Great American Sports Film Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
    you do if the name no longer makes sense. if an american movie is called '1st and 10' and the limeys remake it for soccer, they need to change the name.
    That's why they don't remake sports movies where a name change would make it wierd .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

. . . .

smartass.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I take some solace (maybe ignorantly) that its a Farrelly Brothers movie...

...but then again, the Coens did "Intolerable Cruelty"

Imran: What about all those movies like "The Ring", etc? There's an "Old Boy" American remake coming out next year. "Old Boy" came out in 2003.
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Imran: What about all those movies like "The Ring", etc? There's an "Old Boy" American remake coming out next year. "Old Boy" came out in 2003.

They are all wrong. Haven't seen the "Ring" don't want to.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I typed in Old Boy in IMDB and nothing came up on it.

Comment

that's because I accidentally put a space between "Old" and "boy"
              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

God dammit! I HATE when Hollywood takes good foriegn films and tries to make it American! Sons of freaking *****es!

Comment

The French version of La Femme Nikita was much better.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

so is Taxi et Taxi deux. this queen latifa ****.
                    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Working...
                    X