Highway to Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molly bloom
    I love the idea of Peter Sellers' funeral swinging along to a piece of music he couldn't stand- 'In the Mood' .

If people can't laugh at my funeral, then dammit, then can just up and die themselves, the morbid souls.

It's the only time you get to give a great party and don't have to worry about vacuuming or housecleaning after.

Irish wakes are about eating, drinking, celebrating and remembrance, not sitting around with faces as long as Jeffery Archer's list of falsehoods or wet weekends in Bognor.
    I agree completely, I'd much rather have a funeral that was joyous, about celebrating life and what you can do with it. However irony would be hideous and misplaced, IMHO.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Well if you want to have a happy funeral, there's no reason why not, my point is that it's likewise for ironic.

Like I said above, the funeral should be about the deceased, the reason is that when you die, it's not the end. Not in a religious sense, but others still have memories of you, and anything you've produced, say a book, will manifest some part of your personality... the finality is only with your existence, the funeral is effectively the focal point for everyone's memories. Happy or sad doesn't come into it, each funeral is as different as the person being buried/cremated. So in that sense, there is nothing wrong with an ironic funeral.
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

I wanted to point out that I bookmarked this thread at the time (first time ever for me) and read it almost everyday since. (I lost a great friend couple months ago so that subject is sorta on my mind).
        Ive been trying to find a suitable song for me, and would like more suggestions (some great ones already).

Comment

Europeans

I love Metallica, but I wouldn't want it playing at my funeral. Unless they were live.... that'd fricken rock.

Otherwise, I'm with Drogue. Something more respectful and solemn. I mean, **** its a funeral. I know Europeans are all atheists without much respect for life, but come on, this sounds really bad.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
          X