Spanish muslims issue fatwa against Osama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanish muslims issue fatwa against Osama

Well better late then never.. this is a strong voice against those who conspired to commit that train bombing....

MADRID (AFX) - Spain's Islamic Commission, which groups the nation's Muslim community, said it was issuing a fatwa against Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden,
    'We are going to issue a fatwa (religious decree) against Bin Laden this afternoon,' Mansour Escudero, who leads the Federation of Islamic religious entities (Feeri) and co-secretary general of the Spanish governmenmt-created Commission told AFP.
    The Commission invited Spanish-based imams to condemn terrorism at Friday prayers, when the whole country will be remembering the 191 people who were killed in the train blasts and the 1,900 injured a year ago.
    The attacks have been blamed on mainly Moroccan Islamic extremists loyal to Bin Laden.
    'We have called on imams to make a formal declaration condemning terrorism and for a special prayer for all the victims of terrorism,' Escudero said.
    The Commission has also drawn up a document designed to 'thank the Spanish people and the government for their attitude towards Muslims' since last March 11, in particular for not taking 'disproportionate' measures similar to those which the Sept 11 attacks sparked in the US.
    The Commission called on Muslims to take part in Friday's commemorative programme being organised by Spanish authorities and community groups and to work with them to ensure terrorism was defeated.
    mdr/cw/rmb/g/ra
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I can care less about muslims. It has nothing to do with muslims. And everything to do with arabs.

I want to see arabs condemn OBL.

Comment

But I agree with Dissident. It's not going to happen while the US seems to do everything it can to antagonise the Arabs. Not so much it's own fault, just pulled in different directions by different political interests .
        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
          I can care less about muslims. It has nothing to do with muslims. And everything to do with arabs.

I want to see arabs condemn OBL.
          Since a lot of muslims in Spain are arab, I think this is alright. Moroccans in particular make a huge part of the muslim community in Spain.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Dissident is wrong
            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

Thought I'd never see a pro-West fatwah.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Good too see the Muslim community clearly rejecting Osama. I hope more Muslim communities in the west will reject him in a comparable fashion (I'm not too thrilled with Fatwas, though, because it shows a belief in the merits of religious law - sign me up for secular law any day of the week)
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

FINALLY

Osama just got OWN3D
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                    Good too see the Muslim community clearly rejecting Osama. I hope more Muslim communities in the west will reject him in a comparable fashion (I'm not too thrilled with Fatwas, though, because it shows a belief in the merits of religious law - sign me up for secular law any day of the week)
                    Well look at it this way.. religious law scripts condemning Osama Bin Laden.. about time.

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
                      Well look at it this way.. religious law scripts condemning Osama Bin Laden.. about time.
                      Yeah, it's pretty good, and let's hope the rest of the Muslim world will follow, as it would discredit Osama's religious "legitimacy", and thus seriously hurt his support.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

At least some people remember Osama. The Americans seem to have forgotten about him.

Comment

who?

oh him? I thought it was Saddam Hussein who was responsible for 9/11.

Comment

Uh . . . .

now bin Laden can legitimately say that the Muslims of Spain are "gaddars"( or traitors ) , and worse than kafirs ( infidels ) . Thanks , idiots , for removing the only religious inhibition that was stopping bin Laden from claiming religious scanction . Spain is now a legitimate target .

Nice idea , though .

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
                              Spain is now a legitimate target .
                              You mean, it wasn't a target before? (hint hint)

Comment

Working...
                              X