Baeball Vows To Fight Steroids Subpoenas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pchang
    If steroids are used by both pitchers and hitters, shouldn't the results cancel each other out?
    No because you can still throw faster balls (thus improving average speed numbers) and still hit the ball further (thus improving home run numbers).
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

No because you can still throw faster balls (thus improving average speed numbers) and still hit the ball further (thus improving home run numbers).

Only if you can get to a quicker thrown ball.

example, last year they started to test for steroids. It was also the year when the most HRs in history were hit. Coincidence? Could it be that the pitchers were the ones juicing more, so when they were off the juice to avoid getting caught they got slammed?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Lack of AT exemption would kill the Minors. That would piss me off to no end.

Anyway, will this accomplish anything. I dunno, I don't think so, but it should make for good TV. I'll be recording it. I'm curious about how many ballplayers will take the fifth. As everyone will consider it an admission.
        Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Why, so they can be the NFL which has seen teams move at a MUCH rapid clip that baseball? So you can have an Al Davis who can move from Oakland to LA and then back to Oakland? And the NFL can't do anything because the courts have said so? Pah... no thank you! It'd be much worse of taking a 'city hostage' without the exemption.
          They both play the game but at least the NFL doesn't try to hide drug users in their sport. I'd love to see a half dozen different leagues with teams moving up or down the various leagues depending upon if they get last or first place in a season. It would stop dirt bag owners from ignoring their team and just using it like a cash cow (like the LA Clippers owner does in the NBA) and it would make the value of those teams closer reflect reality instead of an artificially high price based upon unfairly restricting supply. If a team wants to move then it can but replacements will be way easier to find plus if a team owner doesn't want to invest in his team he'll see that team sink into the minor leagues thus losing much of his investment.

In other words there would be no more free rides and no more blackmail.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

at least the NFL doesn't try to hide drug users in their sport

Ask vlad about this. The NFL really isn't caring about HGH and other things. As long as it shows it cares about the steroid problem, it's happy. Most NFL players are not natural, and who cares?

I'd love to see a half dozen different leagues with teams moving up or down the various leagues depending upon if they get last or first place in a season.

Yeah, like that would ever work with the media? Can you imagine if the New York team gets relegated? And take a look at European soccer where in a lot of leagues you have an 'elite' who have a ton of money to buy the best players from the lower leagues (trades of player for player will mostly stop as teams pay lower teams for the right to players). Basically there is NO possibility in the European soccer system, which has the promotion/relegation for a salary cap or meaningful revenue sharing with the entirety of teams. Basically, beware.. you may get what you wish for (and then you'll wish you never wished for it!)
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
            X