More Google Pwnage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Google Pwnage

Surely anyone who uses MSN must be an idiot!!!

I noticed that Google News now allows you to customize your news page. Along with arranging the sections however you please, you can have custom sections too.

And as it's Google, it just works. Every day I find another reason to love Google

Pic
    Attached Files
    Only feebs vote.

I swear to God, the next time I hear/see the word Pwn, I will puke my guts up.

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Pwn. Please commence puking.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

DP
        Last edited by Eli; March 10, 2005, 11:45.
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

OMG!!!!!! Asmodean is so FVCKING PWNed!!!!!!11!1!!1!!
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Pwn Pwn Pwn Pwn

muhahahahahaha

So is there anything that google has done and done badly?

Comment

Whenever I click "Save Layout" or "Save Changes" I get :
              Error

Not Found
              The requested URL /setnewsprefs?a=l03opx&ned=us&p_mod=2&p_wdg=1&p_topic=b&p_ed=us was not found on this server.

That's only in Firefox. In IE it works just fine. :/
              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Why don't you use Google News Canada, Aggie?
                Attached Files
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                  I swear to God, the next time I hear/see the word Pwn, I will puke my guts up.

Asmodean
                  LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL j00 r teH PwN!
                  "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I can't think of any particularly useful custom section to have.:-/
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Tell me when it'll do my dishes for me.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                        Tell me when it'll do my dishes for me.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I've added

Advanced > English > India > a
                          Advanced > English > Australia > a
                          Advanced > English > New Zealand > a
                          Advanced > English > UK > a

Comment

Actually, that's the wrong way to do it.

Current layout:
                            Standard > Canada > World
                            Standard > Canada > Canada
                            Standard > Australia > Australia
                            Standard > India > India
                            Standard > New Zealand > New Zealand
                            Standard > UK > UK

Yeah, I know the difference between news.google.com and news.google.ca. Accidentally went to the non-localized one.

Comment

This is a good change. I have a couple of custom searches set up.

The only feature that I would like added is the ability to sort each section based upon reverse chronological date instead of relevance.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                              X