Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took the plunge, Asher--this better be worth it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

I would ask for those pics, but I fear he saves those pics in the same folder with his nudie shots.
    Oh yes.. the imaginary nude shots that a twisted bunch of apolytoners thought up of... well.. we can't call him ad hominems because ming would kick our rear-ends.. so lets spread crap about him! Ah yes that'll work..
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      IIRC, Asher stated that Zen Touch's have a 96 SnR while the iPod have a 92 SnR (right, Asher?). That's not a whole Hell of lot there.
      Apple has never released the SnR for Ipod, so all tests are unofficial. The last one I read placed it ~80. And that is a noticeable difference.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
        Apple has never released the SnR for Ipod, so all tests are unofficial. The last one I read placed it ~80. And that is a noticeable difference.
        That wouldn't surprise me, the iPods do sound muddled in comparison.

That's another thing, they have less dynamic range...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

So Asher, do you think the Ipod is a smart buy? (I just have to rub that one in Imran's face)
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            Apparently the Zen Micro 4GB is now all of $179...

But when will they become available? I see the PRE-order option and my heart sinks...
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
              So Asher, do you think the Ipod is a smart buy? (I just have to rub that one in Imran's face)
              Everyone here knows what my opinion of buying an iPod is, there's no need to go there again.

Suffice to say I see it more like a fashion/trend purchase than a technology purchase.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Suffice to say I see it more like a fashion/trend purchase than a technology purchase.
                Yeah like abercrombie clothes... what's your take on that? After two washes their jeans fall apart...

Comment

What do I care if Asher likes it or not? I have no regrets of getting my iPod. I love it!
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah like abercrombie clothes... what's your take on that? After two washes their jeans fall apart...
                    I wear Quiksilver, Billabong, Hurley, etc. Abercrombie's not my style.

-----

As a sidenote, I anxiously await the Mac fanboys proclaiming that the iPod, too, has 98 dB SNR like the fanboy sites have been talking about recently.

Comment

Here's a post from the iPodLounge forums that seems pretty unbiased to me...

After deciding to buy an mp3 player a couple months back, I researched them extensively and eventually narrowed my choice down to the 4g ipod and the creative labs zen touch. Long story short I went with the ipod, mainly because it was the more established of the two products, and I considered it a safer bet compared to the relatively new zen touch. The two products were identically priced, so that wasn't a concern, and branding means nothing to me. In fact I find the marketing and hype connected to the ipod quite nauseating. I've read some comments on ipod forums about how 'you're not just buying an mp3 player, you're buying a lifestyle' and other similar things which have caused many a disgusted eyeroll

I loved my ipod, but unfortunately after a few weeks the hard drive failed. Oh well, these things happen. I took it back to the retailer and just for the sake of comparison I decided to exchange for a zen touch instead. Having now owned both of these products, I just thought I'd X-post my opinions here and on some creative nomad forums, because I've read a lot of ridiculous biased nonsense from both sides about how terrible the other player is.

In any case, some of you may not like to hear this, but... I'd rate both players at just about equal. They're both excellent products, but neither is perfect. I'm sorry if you were hoping for something more controversial! That said, the creative zen touch suits me slightly better. I like the looks a little better, I like the few grams of extra weight, and I definitely like the vastly superior battery life. What I miss from the ipod however are the basic PDA type functions (it's just nice to have them there). The ipod is also slightly more stable, as the zen touch does suffer occasional lockups when being disconnected from the usb. Soundwise, the creative zen touch is *noticeably* superior, and when connected to speakers or a stereo this difference becomes even more apparent. On the other hand the apple ipod is recognised immediately as an external storage device, whereas the zen touch needs drivers to work; a big mark in favour of the ipod. Hmm.. What else is there... the ipod's screen is superior, with better backlighting and slightly brighter, sharper text. iTunes is lousy software that looks great, whereas creative's mediasource organizer is great software which looks horrible and is quite difficult to get the hang of. I stated above that brand counts for nothing, but the popularity of the two products definitely does, in that the ipod subsequently has a huge range of accessories available for it, whereas the Zen Touch has virtually none. (Try finding Zen Touch socks, or a waterproof Zen Touch case so you can use it in the bath or whatever!) Obviously for a Mac user the ipod is hands down the superior choice, but for a PC user I wouldn't rule out the Zen Touch.

Comment

I wear Quiksilver, Billabong, Hurley, etc. Abercrombie's not my style.

-----

As a sidenote, I anxiously await the Mac fanboys proclaiming that the iPod, too, has 98 dB SNR like the fanboy sites have been talking about recently.
                        I wear old navy, anchor blue, hot topic, etc..

Isn't there tests to see what SNR it has? I have heard about it..

Anyways, we all know the cult around Apple products.. even when they get proven wrong every single time, they won't break. Quite sad really. There are some really mentally disturbed people defending Apple..

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

But when will they become available? I see the PRE-order option and my heart sinks...
                          Again I ask if anyone (named Asher) knows the answer.
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I'd rate both players at just about equal

Sounds about right.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Might I add how funny it is seeing someone who shops at Old Navy and Hot Topic to be criticizing another brand name. For the record most of my clothes are probably from Structure, but I've bought a lot of stuff from Macy's and the like that I don't have a brand I'm tied to. I can be quite certain in saying I don't own anything from Old Navy or Hot Topic though.

Comment

Hot Topic is so tenny bopper trendy it hurts.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X