Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took the plunge, Asher--this better be worth it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the plunge, Asher--this better be worth it.

Just placed my order for a 40gb Creative Zen Touch mp3 player. Should arrive by Friday.

It had best not fail me.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

It is better then wasting your money on an Ipod... good buy
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

How much?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I actually care about sound quality and the value of my money, so of course an Ipod was out of the question.

Why pay more for a device that is sonically inferior, supports fewer formats, as fewer availably online resources and has substantially less battery life? Only a moron would do so.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Excellent, I should be receiving my commission shortly.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            How much?
            Total with shipping $285. No sales tax since I'm in Oregon.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

While you wait for it, you should experiment with compression.

Compare max-bitrate WMA with WMA-lossless with MP3, see which you prefer and find most functional.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                Excellent, I should be receiving my commission shortly.
                That would only be if I bought a Microsoft product, because we all know you're Bill Gates's paid shill.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                  That would only be if I bought a Microsoft product, because we all know you're Bill Gates's paid shill.
                  Creative and MS have a solid business relationship, so I'm golden.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    While you wait for it, you should experiment with compression.

Compare max-bitrate WMA with WMA-lossless with MP3, see which you prefer and find most functional.
                    Well, MP3 is already going to be out (for when I have a choice), as I can hear the cheating in that format. So it will be one of the WMA formats for the music I'm ripping myself.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

*Looks over at 2 full CD towers and several shelves lined with CDs*

Hmmm, going to be indoors a lot this weekend, it seems.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                        I actually care about sound quality and the value of my money, so of course an Ipod was out of the question.

Why pay more for a device that is sonically inferior, supports fewer formats, as fewer availably online resources and has substantially less battery life? Only a moron would do so.
                        Well you gotta think about one of those pack-rat types who likes to waste money on junk.. the ipod sucks big time. My friend had one (which his mom bought him and he never quite forgave her for that cause he wanted a creative).. he dropped it from his bed and it broke to pieces... and that was onto carpet.
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

The ideal solution for you, from what I remember talking to you on MSN long ago, would probably be WMA @ 320 Kbps.

WMP10 will only rip to 192Kbps WMA by default, so you should look into...other means.

This should work...

dBpoweramp Music Converter - mp3 converter, FLAC, WAV, AAC and Apple Losslesss. Free Download (21 day full trial), start converting today

Comment

Fez: He must have sat his fat ass on it as well or something, because I've dropped my iPod from standing height onto concrete and it continued to work perfectly.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              Fez: He must have sat his fat ass on it as well or something, because I've dropped my iPod from standing height onto concrete and it continued to work perfectly.
                              The guy is 5'7" and weighs 120..

Wait you have an ipod? Who talked you into that one? I pity you.. man.. that must suck. Why did you waste your money on such a crappy product? I thought you were a pretty smart guy and all..

Comment

Working...
                              X