Useful Latin Phrases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useful Latin Phrases

*** catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
    Translation: When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    Translation: I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Any more would be useful?
    "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
    "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Sic non joculem, potent fornicate.

Translation: **** 'em if they can't take a joke. (American proverb)
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Why the hell does the phrase "The end of all things is upon us" keep popping up on my television screen. In latin.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
        B♭3

Comment

No guy its Joke em if you cant take a ****.
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Sic semper tyrranus.
            "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

[ http://www.zippynet.com/pages/latin.htm ]

specifically:
              Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
              I can't hear you. I have a banana in my ear.
              B♭3

Comment

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
                If Caesar were alive, you'd be chained to an oar.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Fortuna non penis, in manus non recipi.
                  Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Magma Come Loudly
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Vescere bracis meis

Comment

Pax vobiscum!
                        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                        2004 Presidential Candidate
                        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

'Confutatis maledictis
                          Flammis acribus addictis,
                          Voca me *** benedictis.'

Rough translation:

'When the Conservatives lose again at the next election, we'll all have a good laugh.'
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

These lines bring back the memories of performing Mozart's requiem in Meteora, Greece, in a shooting of a film to commemorate W.A.Mozart's 200th death (don't ask) anniversary.

What's your personal beef with tories anyway?
                            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

"voca me cum benedictis" got censored a LINE FROM REQUIEM

Comment

Working...
                              X