No announcement yet.

Cheaper to rent than buy a house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a christian now so I don't take the same stance.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      It's called ceterus parabus
      parIbus /latin skill showoff
      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• Good one

Comment

• In here, the prices are a joke. About no one can afford anything but the banks are giving huge loans are people are in huge debt over their houses. And everyone has had that "the prices are going up forever"-mentality that the bursting bubble will be ugly. Average house in my neighbourhood goes for 400k euros, 2 BR. Granted, I don't live in the cheapest neighbourhood, but this is not even upper middle class, where it starts from 500k up. Keep in mind that the average salary is 3k per month in here and even that is average, not median.

Renting is problematic, you can't get even a small studio in an old crappy place under 600 euros, and I'm talking crappy and very small and away from everything, long distance stuff.

There are tons of empty apartments in this city. The problem is, so many people are on some sort of government support, and the government pays for a percentage (up to 100 %) of the rent. In many cases, that rent is paid directly to the owner, not the person receiving the support. So guess where that leads? Yup, people above average buy apartments to forward them to poor people, and the government pays for it, and the owner then increases the rent every year by maximum of 11 % due to "increased cost". Take that for 10+ years with few apartments and you're making serious money, and eating tax payers money. It's almost like a scam, except totally legal and even seen as reasonable thing to do. The poor person is not getting a mansion, or more money, they're just getting to live in the same poor house, and the owner just makes more and more money. If you ask me, that's a transfer from tax payers to owners that should be looked into and some sort of regulations enforced that would be effective.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Nothing will be done because everyone is stoned. They only think about how they are making money, but they better sell now, but most wont.

Comment

• Originally posted by Az View Post
              yet renting in centers of town is still extremely expensive.

I know that it's not directly connected, I just wanted to vent.
              tee hee. Buying a house is still cheaper compared to renting a house in New York

Comment

Working...
              X