Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AWESOME PHOTO THREAD - WW1 in full colour!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

They'd be carrying mobile phones now.
    Or at least shoes. Especially if their big sister become a whore in Germany and sent some money home. Lilya Forever...
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Outstanding. Not only are they in color, but the quality is amazing. Very crisp.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Nice pictures

Now, colour pics of Waterloo
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
          Outstanding. Not only are they in color, but the quality is amazing. Very crisp.
          The guy peeing looks weird though, looks like a plastic puppet.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Surely some of them must have been retouched. I can't immagine piuctures taken so long ago with the limited technology available then being so well preserved.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Awesome pictures, but it could make a grown man cry...

It really strikes home that the war was a co-existence of the early industrial and the modern. The war clearly swept away the underbrush of previous times.

The French color pictures are a lot better than the American color pictures. The American ones are little more than paint by numbers.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

They're colorized.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

the color on the pictures look too good. They may have been colorized at a later date.

Comment

They still look like crap.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                      This could be today in Chechnya, Afghanistan or whatever. But it was a 100 years ago.

I'm having trouble believing this picture is legit, and the one below it.

Comment

Yeah, they don't look colorized.

ACK!

Comment

Very cool.
                          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                          -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                            Yeah, they don't look colorized.

ACK!
                            I do believe the term we are looking for is "Turnerized"
                            Attached Files
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

I do believe the term we are looking for is "Turnerized"
                              I was going to give Ted a thumbs down also.

ACK!

Comment

I'd hit it.
                                Attached Files
                                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X