No announcement yet.

Israeli students organize strike using SMS and ICQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teachers don't like the reform either, but that's because it suggests firing old teachers, hiring new ones with higher salaries and initiating testing for the teachers and for the students which will keep track of the teachers themselves.

This means that bad teachers will be fired. Until now, teachers had permanent job protection after several years, and they could be as poor at teaching as they want.

Comment

The way this thing happened is very interesting. It is the political application of the "straw fire" phenomenon (instant, unanimous interest on an issue). This phenomenon has been observed when people massively communicated around the world on Sept. 11 to spread the news, but it can also be seen on absurd matters such as the Star Wars kid or the Ceciliantas pwnage.

In general, it is accompanied by a short attention span: the interest for the advertized phenomenon dies down pretty much as quickly as it fired up. But in the case of spontaneous, short-run actions, there's no need for anything else
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        ICQ is crap. ICQ is dead.
        I think that in Israel, ICQ will live forever
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

They should bring back flogging to deal with the little buggers.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

And McCarthy Hearings
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              ICQ is crap. ICQ is dead.
              Exactly, trillian roxxors!

Comment

And McCarthy Hearings

Where's the public entertainment factor in that?
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

I'd be entertained.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                    They should bring back flogging to deal with the little buggers.
                    Fascist!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                      I'd be entertained.
                      Best smilie ever
                      I want it added.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

Fascist!!!

Says the Israeli.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

parents not beating their kids into submission

Comment

Ah, student strikes. The reason it isn't that common in the US is because teachers and administrators don't really care if they have to deal with less students. That means less headaches. And the students are the ones suffering. They aren't learning stuff that is going to be on the test. Just not a good idea, IMO.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              Ah, student strikes. The reason it isn't that common in the US is because teachers and administrators don't really care if they have to deal with less students.
                              No, it's beause Americans are sheep.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                Ah, student strikes. The reason it isn't that common in the US is because teachers and administrators don't really care if they have to deal with less students. That means less headaches. And the students are the ones suffering. They aren't learning stuff that is going to be on the test. Just not a good idea, IMO.
                                well hell, we knew that. The goal was to get enough publicity to embarras the Bd of Ed -"Strike at elite school enters seventh day" yada yada - and they pressured the school admin to try to resolve it by talking. Guess they werent keen on establishing a precedent - and two newspaper stories, one of which was favorable to the admin, didnt put a lot of pressure on. Not enough to create movement before the kids finally got to nervous to stay out.

Maybe if we'd used violence on the picket line crossers, that mighta worked, huh?
                                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X