The South is Going Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pchang

Actually, he sounds more fiscally responsible than both the Democrats and Republicans in the US.
    Well its gotten to the point that its hard to find ANYONE thats LESS fiscally responsible than the US government
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

However, the big headlines in the Uruguayan newspapers yesterday wasn't the new government but how the Uruguayan singer/songwriter of the Oscar winning song got dissed by having the producers of the ceremony secure non-Uruguayan Antonio Banderas to perform his song.

Comment

Was it really that he was a non-Uruguayan or that he is a lousy singer?
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Yay South America!
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

It was that Antonio B. isn't a Uruguayan. The fact is, the country is such a non-player on the world stage that they are desparate for any recognition. I mean, here is a short history of the interesting things to happen in Uruguay in it's history:

1828: Uruguay becomes a nation.
            1830: Uruguay adopts its first Constitution.
            1950: Uruguay beats Brazil in the World Cup.
            1972: Uruguayian (sp!) plane crashes in Andes. Uruguayians eat their dead Argentinian passengers, survive.
            2005: Uruguay gets its first-ever mention on the Apolyton OT, thereby proving this posts' point.

Comment

Originally posted by pchang

Actually, he sounds more fiscally responsible than both the Democrats and Republicans in the US.
              Small countries in Latin America need to be because they don't have deep pockets.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Bolivia killed Che.

Thanks. It was at the end of Discovery Times Special I watched, so I wasn't paying that much attention at that point.
                Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Small countries in Latin America need to be because they don't have deep pockets.
                  But wouldn't deep pockets mean you should be more able to balance your budget??

Think about it on a personal level, you make 30K and struggle but make ends meet but when you make 3 million you decide to spend more than you make??
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                    I mean, here is a short history of the interesting things to happen in Uruguay in it's history:
                    You forogt the sinking of the KMS Graf Spee off Monte Video in 1939.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

But wouldn't deep pockets mean you should be more able to balance your budget??

Think about it on a personal level, you make 30K and struggle but make ends meet but when you make 3 million you decide to spend more than you make??
                      There is a reason its called "non-discretionary" spending.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                        It was that Antonio B. isn't a Uruguayan. The fact is, the country is such a non-player on the world stage that they are desparate for any recognition. I mean, here is a short history of the interesting things to happen in Uruguay in it's history:

1828: Uruguay becomes a nation.
                        1830: Uruguay adopts its first Constitution.
                        1950: Uruguay beats Brazil in the World Cup.
                        1972: Uruguayian (sp!) plane crashes in Andes. Uruguayians eat their dead Argentinian passengers, survive.
                        2005: Uruguay gets its first-ever mention on the Apolyton OT, thereby proving this posts' point.
                        U R gay! HAHA

-Homer Simpson

Comment

HLVS!!

Only feebs vote.

Comment

Uruguay took part in the War of the Triple Alliance, also known as the War of Paraguay, which, in terms of %age of the loser's population killed, is supposed to've been the bloodiest war ever between modern states.
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

umm, since when is financial responsibility a rightist idea?

On the contrary, a planned economy should always be more careful with keeping the books.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                                Uruguay took part in the War of the Triple Alliance, also known as the War of Paraguay, which, in terms of %age of the loser's population killed, is supposed to've been the bloodiest war ever between modern states.
                                Paraguay lost half their male population. Originally they said they lost 98% but that wasn't the case at all. Paraguay was the only modern state of the 4 involved. They were able to kick ass the first 3 years of the war, but they were just too small in the long run. The original plan was to have an unconditional surrender and annexation of Paraguay, but Brazil and Argentina decided they weren't strong enough.
                                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                                X