Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if the internet simply ceased to work ever again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was 10 in 1994... so I really don't know. Perhaps work on developing a replacement?
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Tubgirl was traumatizing. I hated the sight of it so much, I sent it to a friend. Now, every time I think of that, I start laughing. He said he saw it just before dinner, and it ruined his appetite.
      "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
      —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff

Maybe I shouldn't ask, but what's tubgirl?
        It's probably the most disgusting picture of a woman in existance on the face of the planet.

If you have a strong stomach, go to google images. It will the first image that pops up. Yes I just checked on images to make sure. I could only glance quickly, because it hurts my eyes so much.

edit: there's even a wikipedia entry on it . this is the way to learn about tubgirl without actually seeing the horror.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and never look at this thread again on the off chance that he might post a link to it.

Comment

For those of you who hate the internet so much, why are you voluntarily spending time on it?
            "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Oh, I've seen that before. I'd seen things even worse than that, so it didn't traumatize me as much. I'm still a worse person for having seen it.

BTW, I knew that picture as the "Hershey Turnover girl" You can probably understand why.
              I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                For those of you who hate the internet so much, why are you voluntarily spending time on it?
                Because its more addictive than Heroin.
                I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

So then I ask, what were you doing in 1994?
                  Surfing the net. Mosaic, baby!
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                    I don't hate the net, I love it. I wonder how I ever got by without it.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Surfing the net. Mosaic, baby!
                      I got my first PC in 95. I remember trying to use Mosaic to get on the web. I got this book on it. I really didn't understand what it was. I still don't. I think I finally got on. I really didn't know what to do. So I just went to playboy dot com and downloaded pictures (back when everything was free).

Comment

Re: What would you do if the internet simply ceased to work ever again?

Spend less time pondering meaningless "what-if" questions.
                        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

What would you do if the internet simply ceased to work ever again?
                          Nothing... the conversations would probably get better though.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

In 1994 or earlier I was using BBSes so um. I did basically give up the internet during most of my late teens and college days, except of course to do research, which I could have done at the library.

If the internet went away the thing I'd miss most is 'watching' Sportslines gamecast for baseball while at work and fantasy leagues. So I would be a slightly more productive employee. Now I'd probably be reading which I will be doing in 15 minutes anyway.

I also wouldn't be able to get sports tix as easily and would have to alway pay ticket masters jacked up rates. Hmm I'd only be slightly less well off. Oh except the time I worked in billing for an ISP.
                            Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

1994 - USEnet newsgroups, CompuServe forums, and BBS.

Since I am doing a lot of networking and Internet-related stuff these days, I will join che and St Leo in hunting down Diss and turn him into chopped liver.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'd hit it.
                                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X