Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if the internet simply ceased to work ever again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do if the internet simply ceased to work ever again?

This is similar to what you would do if this site shut down threads (which I was contemplating making).

I guess for many of us, we'd go back to what we were doing in 1994. Sure the internet was around back then, but not many people were on it.

So then I ask, what were you doing in 1994?

I know many of you post here only while at work. So would you go back to doing your job like you are supposed to be doing

This is an essay question, no multiple choice poll questions.

I didn't even own a PC in 1994. My main hobby was drinking. But I would prefer not to go back to that.

I'd spend more time with my girlfriend.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Read more.
      If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

I would be in real deep ****, since the intenet is what I do for a living.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Celebrate. I'd get all my work done. I'd read. I'd get to bed at a reasonable time. I'd live.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

More good single player games
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Errr.....**** my pants?
              It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by embalmer42
                Read more.
                I would read period. I think I have only read 1 complete book since I have gotten into the internet .

Not that I ever read anything meaningful . I read mostly pulp action books and horror novelists such as Stephen King and Dean Koontz.

Comment

I would throw a party. Read a lot more and start using the library again.
                  "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                  —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Re: What would you do if the internet simply ceased to work ever again?

Originally posted by Dissident
                    So then I ask, what were you doing in 1994?

Playing with Lego.

I know many of you post here only while at work. So would you go back to doing your job like you are supposed to be doing

Uh, problem. I am a web developer. You just put me out of work.
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Re: What would you do if the internet simply ceased to work ever again?

Hush your mouth!

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                        Celebrate. I'd get all my work done. I'd read. I'd get to bed at a reasonable time. I'd live.

Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

let's burn the internet down!!!!
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I still blame the internet for seeing tubgirl.

surely this is an atrocity far greater than any dictator has done.

Just think, before the internet, I was an innocent young lad. The heaviest stuff I saw was Hustler magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                              I still blame the internet for seeing tubgirl.

surely this is an atrocity far greater than any dictator has done.

Just think, before the internet, I was an innocent young lad. The heaviest stuff I saw was Hustler magazine.
                              Maybe I shouldn't ask, but what's tubgirl?
                              I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Working...
                              X