No announcement yet.

99.8% of all FCC complaints come from ONE group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen an episode of Without a trace featuring teen orgies. Twice a week, teens would gather and have lots of fun with lots of people. Of course, TV logic dictates that if you're having too much fun, something bad will happen. I can understand how parents wouldn't want their kids watching this stuff, it could give them some ideas. For my part, I envied those bastards...
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

what is this teen orgies I"ve been hearing about? And why am I not watching it?

Comment

Puritans will always be with us. They are mentally ill and unable to deal with their own sexuality, so they try to foist their neuroses on the rest of us.

The amount of violence on TV that passes by without a murmur is worse.

It's OK to show a person shooting another person, but appalling to show a person giving another an orgasm.

What is wrong with us?
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

to parent's TV. Stop trying to dictate what we watch.
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

What is wrong with us?
            We'd rather put a bullet into a chick instead of our dicks?

edit: damn typos, although there's still a double meaning, but that's okay.
            Last edited by Dis; March 1, 2005, 19:20.

Comment

The problem isn't this advocacy group, the problem is Michael Powell has too much manpower in the decency department of the FCC. They should shift some of that manpower over to the SEC and FTC were it's actually needed.
              Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

what is this teen orgies I"ve been hearing about? And why am I not watching it?
                The real question is: why I'm not doing it?
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                  We'd rather put a pullet into a chick instead of our dicks?
                  You are such a ****ing pervert!!!!

From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913):

Pullet \Pul"let\, n. [OE. polete, OF. polete, F. poulette, dim.
                  of poule a hen, fr. L. pullus a young animal, a young fowl.
                  See Foal, and cf. Poult, Poultry, Pool stake.]
                  A young hen, or female of the domestic fowl.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

reminds me of a South Park episode...

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                      Instead, we should form a group that's for more ........ sex on television.

Damn straight, thoses premium channels are too stingy with the sex. We want free tv sex.. More F**k for the Buck! is our slogan.
                      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

What should be the name of our group?

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                          There are hundreds of human rights, or civil rights, or animal rights, or abortion rights, or anti abortion groups, and they have existed for decades. There is ONE group on this issue, and its brand new, and it has found a way to use the system to expand their possible impact well beyond their numbers.
                          So, you real complaint is how much better oganized and effective they are than any group for one of you pet issues.
                          Effective advocacy is just fine, but only for your side of any issue. What a god-damned hypocrit.
                          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Call it "The Ming Advocacy Council".

................. I'm outta here.
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                              So, you real complaint is how much better oganized and effective they are than any group for one of you pet issues.
                              Effective advocacy is just fine, but only for your side of any issue. What a god-damned hypocrit.
                              The slight flaw in your logic is the fact that this particular group does not speak for the people they claim to represent. According to this group, millions of Americans are utterly shocked and horrified by what they see on TV, and are spontaneously complaining to the FCC in order to save their children from unspeakable harm. This is a gross misrepresentation. There are people who don't approve of the state of TV. But these people are a very small minority. Let's face it, the reason that there is sex and profanity on TV is because that is what people want to see. These are not left-wing organizations trying to foist sex onto the minds of children to turn them gay and make them fall in line behind Clinton/Saddam. This is Fox.
                              Basically, a small minority of Christian fundamentalists believe that the past election is a mandate to make the country conform to their cultural standards, and it wasn't. At this point, I'll refer you to the latest in Frank Rich's columns on this: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/27/arts/27RICH.html?.

Yet, and it has been mentioned before, why is the assault against sex and profanity in particular. Tell me how watching someone die is more damaging, and is more "indecent," than watching someone have sex. Kids don't know what sex is, and if they did, it wouldn't matter either way to them. Moreover, I'm sure that almost everyone has seen their parents naked at some point or another, so seeing Janet Jackson's boob should not shock their world. I can't say I am astounded by the gross inconsistencies of the religious right, because they are so frequent, but the fact that they get away with it, is disturbing. These people are scary.
                              "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Admiral
                                a small minority of Christian fundamentalists/QUOTE]
                                And feminazis.
                                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                                X