No announcement yet.

Terrorist attack in Tel Aviv nightclub, 4 dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara If this bombing had occured when Arafat was running things, Sharon would be invading some town right now.
    Uh, yeah. Because Arafat wouldn't have taken any action.

Well, except for funding some of the terrorists.
    "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

It was reported by an Israeli Jew.

Comment

A senior commander of a Palestinian militant group, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the Lebanese guerrilla group Hezbollah, which is funded by Iran and has been trying to disrupt the cease-fire, hired a Palestinian from the northern West Bank to carry out the bombing. Palestinian security officials also implicated Hezbollah.

A Hezbollah official in Beirut denied involvement. "As far as we are concerned, there is no need to respond to such lies that we have become used to it," the official said.
        Palestinian security officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said they had tracked recent communications between Hezbollah militant Kais Obeid and a Palestinian who they believed was the attacker. They did not name the attacker.
        Last edited by Edan; February 26, 2005, 02:57.
        "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

ugh. Well, we'll see how El Presidente handles it.

I almost went clubbing to Tel Aviv last night....

I wonder how will this "blame crazy Shiite bastards" game will play out. Though it is also possible that this is true.....
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Arafat is dead. Sharon is not. Unless you plan on killing him, you better hope peace without Arafat and with Sharon is possible.

IJ and Al-Aqsa behaviour seems strange. How plausible are their denials?
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

No matter who did it,
              if this bombing damages the peace process,
              it will be a success for those who planned and ordered it.

So we better hope, that both, the palestinian as well as the israeli government do the right thing,
              to preserve the peace process.
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                IJ and Al-Aqsa behaviour seems strange. How plausible are their denials?
                Well, they usually, but not always, claim responsibility. But then, it's usually benefited them to do so (in terms of gaining a reputation/morale), and if they're mostly interested in simply derailing the peace process (while avoiding any immediate wrath from Israel or the PA), it wouldn't be in their interest to do so now.

Hezbollah TV were the ones who reported Islamic Jihad's claim of credit, and since Hezbollah is a likely suspect, it does make that claim more suspect. Of course, one of those pointing the fingers at Hezbollah is Al-aqsa, but they're not the only ones doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  Maybe if they'd not bombed Palestine willy-nilly, there might have been hope before. If this bombing had occured when Arafat was running things, Sharon would be invading some town right now.
                  Why not when they could expect no serious reaction from Arafat. The fact that Isreal isn't doing just what you said should tell you something..
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Edan

Well, they usually, but not always, claim responsibility. But then, it's usually benefited them to do so (in terms of gaining a reputation/morale), and if they're mostly interested in simply derailing the peace process (while avoiding any immediate wrath from Israel or the PA), it wouldn't be in their interest to do so now.

Hezbollah TV were the ones who reported Islamic Jihad's claim of credit, and since Hezbollah is a likely suspect, it does make that claim more suspect. Of course, one of those pointing the fingers at Hezbollah is Al-aqsa, but they're not the only ones doing so.
                    Isn;t it convinient for both the Israelis and Palestinians to blame Hezbullah?

If the sun did not go up tommorrow, the first statement from the Israeli government would blame it on hezbollah, and Iran, and if it is Hezbollah, the PA can state that, hey, it wasn;t one of theirs, so get of our backs somewhat...

So the claim is that Hezbollah just called this guy and said, hey, go bomb..hmmm, who made the bomb? Who transported him? A one man suicide cell? That's new.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

So the claim is that Hezbollah just called this guy and said, hey, go bomb..hmmm, who made the bomb? Who transported him? A one man suicide cell? That's new.

No, they said, "hey, Al Aqsa cell in wherever, here's 20,000$, blow something up".
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Isn;t it convinient for both the Israelis and Palestinians to blame Hezbullah?
                        For the Palestinians, probably, but that doesn't mean it need be false. For Israel, not so much. If Hamas or IJ are behind it, it puts more pressure on Abbas to actually deal with the groups, which is certainly in their interests.

If the sun did not go up tommorrow, the first statement from the Israeli government would blame it on hezbollah,
                        Thank you for the straw man.

Comment

Its a correct strawman thought. That's what is so fun about it.

Again, this is a one man suicide cell?

Maybe Hezbollah is involved, but as of now, all there is is allegations, not proof.

I am more interested in seeing what Abbas does.

Comment

Its a correct strawman thought. That's what is so fun about it.
                            Israel has a history of repeatedly making knowingly false accusations of Hezbollah?

Maybe Hezbollah is involved, but as of now, all there is is allegations, not proof.
                            No proof (as far as we know), but there is evidence suggesting their involvement. (from the reports of $100,000 Hezbollah is offering, to the communications mentioned above)

Comment

Originally posted by Edan

Israel has a history of repeatedly making knowingly false accusations of Hezbollah?
                              I am sure Foreign Ministry spokemen would honestly believe Hezbollah must have been involved, somehow, if the sun did not come up. After all, they are THE great enemy right now.

Comment

I am sure Foreign Ministry spokemen would honestly believe Hezbollah must have been involved, somehow, if the sun did not come up. After all, they are THE great enemy right now.
                                The most recent claim from "military sources" is that the order came from Islamic Jihad headquarters in Damascus, not from the Hizballah.
                                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Working...
                                X