No announcement yet.

India's population expected to pass China's by 2030

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDIT: This was an agreement with MORON's post.

Yes, I mistakenly thought that utilitarians cared about happiness. I realize now that they only consider happiness important in so far as it can be used to further exploit people for their "utility". So i can see why Azazel would prefer a larger but unhappier society to a small utopia, in that sense - because it means bigger numbers of production or utility.

Utilitarians are apparently nothing but aggrandizing industrialists in disguise - stalinists that grudgingly consult an HR department.
    Last edited by General Ludd; March 3, 2005, 13:45.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Well, if first person shooters turn people into homocidal maniacs, Civ and other strategy games have its side effects as well.
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by St Leo
        Originally posted by Kidicious
        Blind faith.

Some assumptions need to be made, lest we all become solipsists and curl up in the fetal position.

Faith in progress is reasonable IMHO, but environmentalism is part of progress.
        Assumptions should be conservative. Conservative assumptions always result in the best decisions.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
        X