Win XP emulators for Macs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win XP emulators for Macs

Hey gang. I have a client with a brand new Mac who wants to purchase a piece of software my employer makes, and this software only runs in Windows (it's a little Visual Basic/MS Access real estate database prgram). I have practically zero Mac experience, but I do know there are XP emulators available. Does anybody here have any experience with them? Which one(s) would you recommend? Technically it doesn't have to be XP, since the program runs in 98, ME, & 2000 (probably NT too), but I've only ever seen XP emulators.

Thanks!

Gang?
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

VirtualPC 2004, available from Microsoft.
      VMWare, from VMWare.
      Bochs, an OSS program.

The first two are probably your best bets, but they're also more expensive. Bochs is free, but hard as hell to set up.

They're actually x86 virtual machines, which means that you can run any x86 OS, including Windows XP, Linux, and so on.
      B♭3

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by Whaleboy
        Gang?
        Yes, gang. I'm not affable enough to say "Hello, my dear friends!" and it seemed milder than my usual address, which is "Listen up, motherf*ckers." The latter works best with kindergarteners.

Comment

Modern kindergartners are inurred to the effects of 1980's ghetto slang. Nowadays you gotta threaten them with "poppin' a slug in your azzez" in order to make them pay attention.

Just FYI.

Comment

Thanks, JohnT, I'll keep that in mind. I have several nieces and nephews and I have to keep the little sh*ts in line whilst babysitting.

Comment

Next time you see them, bring a hammer. Bring an old computer, too. Smash it while they're watching, and then do the same with a dead animal you have in a car.

They'll listen to you after that.
              B♭3

Comment

Actions do speak louder than words.

Thanks, Q!

Comment

I aim to please.

/me salutes, jumps off the building, and flies off into the sunset.
                  B♭3

Comment

Working...
                  X