• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 1.0.1 now out

Windows: http://download.mozilla.org/?product...win&lang=en-US
    Linux: http://download.mozilla.org/?product...nux&lang=en-US
    Mac: http://download.mozilla.org/?product...osx&lang=en-US

It is a security and stability update only, no new features. Highly recommended, though, especially for all the security fixes.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

word

Something happened to my 1.0 install, it would freeze all the time, I uninstalled and reinstalled like 1000 times and even cleaned out the registry and everything.

But this update seems to have fixed it.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

My 1.0 behaves REALLY weird.

We have two profiles on this Win98 box. one of them is me, the other one is my dad ( I've placed just some of the programs he needs on the desktop, like a word processor, firefox, and the ADSL dialup, because he doesn't know enough about computers. ) So one day, he tells me that firefox won't load. True enough, firefox didn't load for him, freezing, while it worked perfectly fine for me. Weirdness. I reinstalled it, nothing changed....
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Reinstalling doesn't re-build the user directories (stored in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles where username is the user name). Presumably, you have to delete them manually and let the program rebuild a default one for you.

SP
        I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

I thought that removing the program would delete it!
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Nope, it would keep crashing until I deleted that directory; didn't even have to reinstall Firefox, so I assume it rebuilt it cleanly. I can only think that it was ****ed up by a poorly-written extension... but then it's stupid to have so many extensions that aren't controlled by the Mozilla company.

Unaudited open source
            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

A unrelated brower question here...... is there some way you can shut off sound from flash/shockwave but still show the thing? Some sort of plugin or something?

Comment

Turn your speakers off.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

I still want to listen to my MP3s.....

Comment

thanks for the heads up.. updated already.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Does it get rid of those new pop-ups that have found a way to get past Firefox's anti-popup feature?
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by MORON
                        A unrelated brower question here...... is there some way you can shut off sound from flash/shockwave but still show the thing? Some sort of plugin or something?
                        There should be a setting in your flash player.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                          Does it get rid of those new pop-ups that have found a way to get past Firefox's anti-popup feature?
                          No seeing as it doesn't contain any new features.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up Asher.

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by MORON
                              here: http://flashblock.mozdev.org/
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X