Canadian Budget 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flubber
    True-- The PCS would say a balanced budget and then when the dust settled it would be a 10 billion deficet. If they budgeted 20 billion in the red, it was 30.
    I want a 10 billion deficit :drool:

Comment

Originally posted by dejon
      And that is a problem because we're under imminent threat of takeover by a hostile nation?

I prefer to be a nation that is respected for it's values and conduct, rather than because it carries a big stick.
      You'll be hard-pressed to find historical examples of that, and not necessarily for lack of trying on the part of nations in the past...

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

I want a 10 billion deficit :drool:

I didn't understand for a second until it occurred to me that maybe you weren't Canadian.

I do find it funny how governments regularly live beyond their means and I'm glad that the Canadian federal government seems to accept that a balanced budget is pretty much the minimum standard. ( Too bad that a lot of that was accomplished by shafting the provinces )
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

A 10 billion deficit, given the amount of money in our budget, would be basically the same as a balanced budget.

Comment

Working...
          X