Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going through things...found a wheat penny know what's it's worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going through things...found a wheat penny know what's it's worth?

Clearing out some of dad's things and found a wheat penny dated 1902. Anyone know the value or where to begin to look it up or find out?
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

seeing as how the Lincoln wheat penny was introduced in 1909, and Indian head pennies were still used in 1902, id say the value would be EXTREMELY high.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

just don't spend it

Comment

Whooooooooooo! Got any sites to go to to get information. Yes! It's the indian head one. So it's worth alot? yes?
        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
          Whooooooooooo! Got any sites to go to to get information. Yes! It's the indian head one. So it's worth alot? yes?
          Here is a good place

Depending on the condition, it probably isn't worth all that much...
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If it's Indian Head, value is likely between $3-8.

Not exactly EXTREMELY high itself, but nothing to sneeze at compared to a normal penny.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

pardon, I was joshing you. IF it were a genuine 1902 Lincoln penny it would be insanely valuable, seeing as how they didnt make any for another 7 years. I forgot, did the indian head really have wheat on the reverse side? I dont know what a 1902 indian head penny is worth, but i wouldnt be running out to buy champagne I got coin collector site by googling on "wheat penny". Try googling on indian head penny.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

A 1902 Indian head penny is about to sell for a dollar at ebay.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

sammler confirms that its the 1909 and on Lincoln pennies that are called "Wheat pennies" but doesnt say whats on the reverse of the indian head. I spent a good portion of my childhood with my Lincoln penny collection, but never got into indian head pennies.

Comment

If you can find a Lincoln penny with the full initials of the artist on the back (v something b instead of just b), that would probably be more valuable, since only relatively few of those were printed during the very first run before Taft ordered the full initials removed.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                      If you can find a Lincoln penny with the full initials of the artist on the back (v something b instead of just b), that would probably be more valuable, since only relatively few of those were printed during the very first run before Taft ordered the full initials removed.
                      VDB, and only with an S (for San Francisco mint). VDB with no mint mark means the Philly mint, and those are not that uncommon. And yes, i got that from the linked site, i didnt remember, though i knew it by heart when I was ten.

Comment

did have wheat on the opposite side. Indian head on one side and wheat on the other.

Comment

Pennies aren't worth much in the scope of things. Better to just hold onto it.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

did have wheat on the opposite side. Indian head on one side and wheat on the other.

thanks, learn something new every day.

Comment

1/100 of a US dollar. Although you might get more if you sell it as scrap metal.

Comment

Working...
                              X