Siro goes to rock concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siro goes to rock concert

So I went (for a second time) to a homage to Metallica and Iron Maiden. It is performed by a group of very talented musicians, who are also excellent showmen. I had a great time - I went with 3 of my friends, two of which (a couple) you'll see in the pics beside me.

There was a great atmosphere and a very excited crowd, which sometimes was a nuissance as they crushed me and my friends from behind. It was of course very fun shoving them back forcefully, hitting them, and "body guarding" the girl we were with. Had my adrenalin going so I didn't drink any booze.

Question: What do you think of homages? This one had an excellent performance - undistiguishable from Metallica and Maiden in both music and showmenship ... well except the singing. But the excellent singer in the previous homage 'tour' called it quits.

Homages cost less than the real thing, are more accessible (when will Metallica come to Israel again?). On the other hand, its a small place, worse public and I have a feeling the copyrights are being somewhat stepped on.

Here's "Crazy Siro" (with the couple of friends in the forward of the pic)
    Attached Files

Here's "Rocking Siro"
    Attached Files

Comment

And Here's "Siro Growls Back"

the full gallery can be found at: http://www.metalist.co.il/galleryPri...?gid=33&page=1
      Attached Files

Comment

Re: Siro goes to rock concert

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
        So I went (for a second time) to a homage to Metallica and Iron Maiden. It is performed by a group of very talented musicians, who are also excellent showmen. I had a great time - I went with 3 of my friends, two of which (a couple) you'll see in the pics beside me.

There was a great atmosphere and a very excited crowd, which sometimes was a nuissance as they crushed me and my friends from behind. It was of course very fun shoving them back forcefully, hitting them, and "body guarding" the girl we were with. Had my adrenalin going so I didn't drink any booze.

Question: What do you think of homages? This one had an excellent performance - undistiguishable from Metallica and Maiden in both music and showmenship ... well except the singing. But the excellent singer in the previous homage 'tour' called it quits.

Homages cost less than the real thing, are more accessible (when will Metallica come to Israel again?). On the other hand, its a small place, worse public and I have a feeling the copyrights are being somewhat stepped on.

Here's "Crazy Siro" (with the couple of friends in the forward of the pic)
        copyrights? they are called cover bands. And there's no law against that. we have many where I live. Metallica cover bands, Van Halen cover bands etc.

Comment

Re: Re: Siro goes to rock concert

Originally posted by Dissident
          copyrights? they are called cover bands. And there's no law against that. we have many where I live. Metallica cover bands, Van Halen cover bands etc.
          They are performing Metallica music. Shouldn't metallica see some dimes?

Comment

no

do you think Metallica pays other people when they do other people's songs during their concerts?

And they have many cover songs they do.

Breadfan is just one example of this. Am I evil. Crash Course in Brain surgery, Last Carress, and many more.

Do you think the american idol stars pay for the songs they perform. In the U.S. our laws aren't like that.

Royalties are paid for radio play of course. And use in movies I'm sure. Those are considered good quality, compared to the poorer quality in live acts.

And that would mean any guy performing a song on a street corner would be subject to royalties.

Comment

Breadfan is just one example of this. Am I evil. Crash Course in Brain surgery, Last Carress, and many more.

I'm pretty sure that when performing other people's music, for money, you owe them something.

Comment

Theyre not selling the tickets for the music though, the tickets are to get into the place, thats how they get around it.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I pretty sure the copyright laws only apply when music is played on the radio, TV and in films and such. But I couldn´t care less for cover bands, I´d rather listen to the real thing.

And Siro, the girl is hot, hot, hot
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                  X