Whose # 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dissident
    I consider comedy to be fairly powerful. And the 2nd best comedy comes out of Canada, not China.
    Great Britain being #1 on that list, right? Otherwise, Canada has to drop farther.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'd have to say the #2 is Banana Republic, with its Old Navy sailing easily through the Gap between #1 USA and #3 Google.
      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
        I consider comedy to be fairly powerful. And the 2nd best comedy comes out of Canada, not China.

WTF? 2nd best? Canada is Number One in comedy and you know it.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Where's Brazil?
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

BTW, I object to the improper use of the word "whose" in the thread title. It should be "who's" the contraction for WHO IS.
            I thought this was going to be another "I found someone's poop" thread
            Monkey!!!

Comment

count the nukes. Who ever has the most wins...

(but, seriously and IIRC, I reckon China is. Western Europoe as a whole does not have as large an industrial base as China)
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

"Finland, Finland, Finland,
                The country where I want to be,
                Pony trekking or camping,
                Or just watching TV.
                Finland, Finland, Finland.
                It's the country for me.

You're so near to Russia,
                So far from Japan,
                Quite a long way from Cairo,
                Lots of miles from Vietnam.

Finland, Finland, Finland,
                The country where I want to be,
                Eating breakfast or dinner,
                Or snack lunch in the hall.
                Finland has it all.

You're so sadly neglected
                And often ignored,
                A poor second to Belgium,
                When going abroad.

The country where I quite want to be,
                Your mountains so lofty,
                Your treetops so tall.
                Finland has it all.

The country where I quite want to be,
                Your mountains so lofty,
                Your treetops so tall.
                Finland has it all.

Finland has it all."

I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Finland's nice and all, but only when compared to Sweedun and Norwei.
                  B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Krill

(but, seriously and IIRC, I reckon China is. Western Europoe as a whole does not have as large an industrial base as China)
                    What on earth are you basing that on? Western Europe massively outproduces China by almost any measure.
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

China going away -- soon to be number 1.
                      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Finland!
                        Blah

Comment

As far as comedy goes. Most of us have no idea what how funny or not the chinese are. The most we ever really get to see is Jackie Chan. He manages to make me not left at his minstrel antics.
                          The British are by far funnier than the canadians and don't mind kicking ass on a global scale every now and then.
                          I would have to say that the choice falls between GB and China. I'd be willing to bet that the chinese could kick Britain's ass in a conventional land war and the British vice versa in a naval war. Based on the sheer numbers of the Chinese and proficiency and skill of the British Navy.
                          France is definitely a contender.
                          japan and germany no longer have the will to project military power.
                          Russia has too many economic and political problems.
                          India has one foot in the first and one foot in the 3rd world.
                          What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                          What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Seriously? Britain, easily. I'm not even sure I'd put China in the number three spot yet.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

The British are by far funnier than the canadians
                              I thought Kids in the Hall was a riot... Braincandy is one my most favorite movies about drugs and homosexuals.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

What on earth are you basing that on? Western Europe massively outproduces China by almost any measure.

Please note that I wrote IIRC. I have no idea on the exact production figures. Lets ask DanS
                                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                                X