Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Army exploiting busy college students.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Army exploiting busy college students.

I just messed up a market research questionaire for the US Army, and I ate their free donuts too. ****em'.

I was just sitting here studying for the quiz I have in an hour with a few other fellas. Some chicks came out of a meeting and offered us free donuts. I was the only one who took one. But they came back in a few minutes and started to put the pressure on us to fill out a survey. Of course they mentioned the donuts that I had already ate. The survey was market research for the Army. I answered all the questions wrong though. Hahahaahah!
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

They tried to guilt trip you with free donuts? Who's their strategist, Homer Simpson?
    "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
    - Lone Star

Comment

This is the fault of EU. Euros are such bastards.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaakko
        They tried to guilt trip you with free donuts? Who's their strategist, Homer Simpson?

Life imitating art hey
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

You should give me all your euros Pekka, it's the only way to be pure!
          "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
          - Lone Star

Comment

Originally posted by Jaakko

Either that or their target.

Or both - this is the USA afterall.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

You got free food for work of no value and yet claim they are exploiting you?!
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Speaking of the US army exploiting college students, I went on a monumental bender last week; I had co much to drink that I was still wasted when I woke up. I discovered that in my drunken state the previous night, I had somehow switched on my laptop, but the true horror was that the page displaying in my browser was a US army recruitment website.

I have no ideas what possessed me to go on to such a website. I don't think the US army will think it's worth the expense to travel over to collect me. I've learned my lesson though. Needless to say, the internet and alcohol don't mix.

This got me to thinking - what proportion of the population joins the army because they're completely wasted and they just thought 'I dunno, it just seemed funny at the time to sign up...'?
                STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                  I find it somewhat unethical that he wasn't told BEFORE they offered the donuts.

Comment

I agree Odin, but I doubt he was actually forced to do anything...
                    Last edited by Wezil; February 22, 2005, 14:46.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

How EVIL for them to give you free donuts!

tsk tsk PRAISE ALLAH DESTROY THE EVIL IMPERIALISTS
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

this is definately worse than the prison abuse scandal in Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                          How EVIL for them to give you free donuts!
                          What next are they going to interrogate you with supermodels ala Gitmo?

Damn those yankee pig dogs.

Kid - I came here expecting Donuts, I didn't expect some kind of Spanish Inquisition
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

He's a commie. He has to claim everyone is exploiting him to get more Commie Points .
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yup -- are you new ??

Its also exploitation if you offer him a thousand dollar an hour job pushing a button on a machine if said button pushing creates products worth one thousand and one dollars an hour.
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                              X