No announcement yet.

Feeding the Dragon, Hurting the Alliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't tell if you're just playing a rhetorical card, or really are weapons grade stupid.
    As if you have the right to call anyone else stupid.

Because "we're us" and "they're them" is what every two bit skinhead says. If you wanted to be thought better of, it would have helped if you actually tried to make some sense.

Please explain to me why you think that it would be bad overall if the Chinese became more powerful than they are now. What reasons do we have to think they want to attack us? What would be so bad about them becoming more influential?
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Conformist

I can't tell if you're just playing a rhetorical card, or really are weapons grade stupid.
      ive got the troll on ignore, but your quotes are intensely ironic. Perhaps Oerdin loves the Chinese people and hates racism against them, he just doesnt think statehood for them is a good idea After all, disliking the existence of a particular peoples state, much less trying to keep said state from dominating the world, isnt the same as bigotry against the people or race And anyone who calls someone a racist on those grounds is a namecalling jerk - hell, even to post something that might be read that way makes one a namecalling jerk.

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
        The problem is that you guys are just bloody mental.
        I shan't comment on your mental health, but you're showing a rather Kidician tendency to read things into others' posts that simply aren't there.

Your arguments seem to come down to nothing more than ethnic chauvinism, particularly Oerdin's desire for an alliance of white/christian nations.

So, in the aggiverse, saying that Chinese are much like westerners is ethnic chauvinism?

No one has given any reason why the Chinese should not be allowed to buy better weapons, other than unsupported fears of Chinese expansionism or the old "we don't want anything that would stop us from getting our own way".

The latter is not a particularly compelling reason at all unless you can supply some reason that "our way" would be better for everyone and not just us.

Considering you've not given a reason to think being bullied around by China is preferable to being bullied around by us, I guess we're on the same score here, then.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Again, no reasons supplied by any of you.

Why is it in the interests of the Chinese government or the Chinese people to attack the west?

Their whole model of economic development is based on selling us stuff. How many sane people want to attack their customers?
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• How about this for a reason, Aggie my boy? Because we will all be better off because it and we will all sleep better at night nowing democratic nations have formed a defense alliance to protect each other and because it will help all of our economies.

All your constent wolf crying about racism does is prove people can project what ever they want no matter what reason or logic tell them.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Considering you've not given a reason to think being bullied around by China is preferable to being bullied around by us, I guess we're on the same score here, then
              And what reason do you have to think that the Chinese want to bully us? We're their best customers.

What are they going to do that is worse than the two-bit politicking that goes on between say Europe and the US?
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• How about this for a reason, Aggie my boy? Because we will all be better off because it and we will all sleep better at night nowing democratic nations have formed a defense alliance to protect each other and because it will help all of our economies.
                Against who?

Alliances are useful in the event of a threatened attack. But the Chinese want to trade with us, and not attack us. I've looked over my desk and almost everything on it, apart from my pack of smokes, was made in China. Somewhere in China, there are many people whose lives have been improved because they can swap stuff with me.

Isolating China will make things worse. China is slowly becoming a freer country and will eventually become a democracy - it's pretty much inevitable given their model of economic development. Allying against China will only help reactionary forces.

I can't think of anything that would hurt our economies more than pissing off the Chinese. It would be like the Canadians trying to isolate the Americans.

And this alliance of yours is a fantasy. If you propose this stuff in NZ, people will laugh, and rightly so. We have a lot of trade with China, they are, on the whole, pretty nice to us, and definitely a lot nicer than the US. Why should we shoot ourselves in the foot by adopting your ridiculous scheme?
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Because "we're us" and "they're them" is what every two bit skinhead says. If you wanted to be thought better of, it would have helped if you actually tried to make some sense.

Racists think ill of other races because they think they're worse than people of their own race. I think ill of people of other races because I think they're much like people of my race. If you can't spot the difference, something is seriously wrong with you.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
                    How about this for a reason, Aggie my boy? Because we will all be better off because it and we will all sleep better at night nowing democratic nations have formed a defense alliance to protect each other and because it will help all of our economies.

All your constent wolf crying about racism does is prove people can project what ever they want no matter what reason or logic tell them.
                    so, oerdin, do you think Taiwan belongs in your grand alliance?
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Racists think ill of other races because they think they're worse than people of their own race. I think ill of people of other races because I think they're much like people of my race.
                      Sorry, I didn't realize you were a misanthrope. But I wonder about what you mean. If they are no worse than us, why do you care who wins?
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Why is it in the interests of the Chinese government or the Chinese people to attack the west?
                        There's no conceivable reason China should want to attack any western country in the mid-term future. Then, there's no conceivable reason the US should attack any EU country within the foreseeable either; am I therefore to conclude you think I should be happy with US bullying?
                        Their whole model of economic development is based on selling us stuff. How many sane people want to attack their customers?
                        Well, people who start wars are not known for their rationality. But I'm not arguing they're gonna attack us; you're basically using strawmen.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't realize you were a misanthrope. But I wonder about what you mean. If they are no worse than us, why do you care who wins?
                          The fewer people in a position to bully me the better.

Comment

• There's no conceivable reason China should want to attack any western country in the mid-term future.

There's no conceivable model by which China would want to attack any country in the mid-term future.

The only possible exception is Taiwan, and that would create an international incident that the Chinese would wish to avoid. Hence they restrict themselves to making idle threats.

Then, there's no conceivable reason the US should attack any EU country within the foreseeable either; am I therefore to conclude you think I should be happy with US bullying?

No. Has China attacked anyone in the last 15 years?

Well, people who start wars are not known for their rationality. But I'm not arguing they're gonna attack us; you're basically using strawmen.

Because you have a problem articulating your position.

You complain that China may bully us (whatever that is supposed to mean) and that this is a reason for keeping them down. But you've provided no evidence that they will in any sense that is not the normal run of international politics, which most nations engage in (whining about trade deals, and strong arming tariff reductions, etc.)

The US on the other hand actually does bully other nations on substantial matters, and has military installations which cover the earth.

Why am I supposed to be scared of China becoming like the US. They have shown little sign of becoming so. At most in the foreseeable future they will become a regional power, but their whole development model is predicated on trade with Europe and the US. Of course, they'll try to pull crap, so do we. But where is the evidence that this will go beyond the small beer norm of international politics.

You are the one suggesting that China is a danger. I'm merely asking you to clarify that position.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

• The fewer people in a position to bully me the better.

And the fewer people you are in a position to bully the better?

Yes or no?

If you say no, then what's the point of listening to you. You are just being a selfish whiner.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• I guess I was right then. Shame on you LC.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X