Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this at all fixable? Piece stuck in the hole...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asmodean
    Before even considering the future of my soundcard and microphone, I would beat the living crap out of the jerk that did it.

Asmodean
    I wonder if he still has his old k.e.y..bo.a..r.d...h..andy...
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Doggylocked!
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Use a big magnet.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
          Get some heavyduty glue and stick a pull rod to the end of the broken plug.
          That won't cut it. You need a blob of molten solder.

Failing that, you could just turn the PC box upside down and shake it really, really, really hard.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

solder it back together and pull it out? It might even still be usable.

EDIT: Maybe I should of read all the replies first.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Actually, unplug everything and take your case apart. Some of the mini-RCA sockets (I believe I have the name correct, I just drank some wine prior to going to sleep and between that and sleep deprivation am considerably fried) are actually open on the inside. Then you can take a small probe - no comments, please - and very gently remove afore mentioned stuck piece. Computers and gay imagery - Asher needs to read this.

If it is a closed socket, the teeny-tiny drop of superglue on the end of a toothpick. Let it set for about two minutes. You must pull it out perfectly straight with no twist or torsion, superglue has no resistance to that kind of force - damn, now I wish I was gay. If you get superglue on the sides of the socket, i.e. your drop was too large, you can use finger nail polish remover, the nasty chemical kind, to remove it. Since that may also damage circuit boards, beverwhee verwhee careful (images of Elmer Fudd here). I definitely need to go to sleep.
              The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
              And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
              Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
              Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Or maybe get a new sound card (unless of course it's onboard sound - in which case fate has dealt you an insidiously cruel blow).

Asmodean
                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

tweezers, needle nose pliers.

turn your computer off first. and ground the metallic tool you are using. static electricity would be really bad here.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                    Cut a potato is half. Boil it for about 20 minutes. Mash it up adding milk and butter until the desired consistency. I forget the rest. . .
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I never imagined tech support could be sexy... of course we're here dealing with hardware and not software.
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Bluesticky. Blue stuff. Sticks. Propably some brand name...
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

What about using somethign to create suction... like a miniature plunger.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

oh well... i guess i'll have to abandon the in-line and get a USB microphone one day.
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                              Or maybe get a new sound card (unless of course it's onboard sound - in which case fate has dealt you an insidiously cruel blow).
                              You can always disable the built-in sound "card" via BIOS.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                                oh well... i guess i'll have to abandon the in-line and get a USB microphone one day.
                                If you know anyone with soldering skills it shouldn't be too difficult to replace the jack. You can buy a replacement jack at Radio Shack.

If you don't know anyone with soldering skills, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X