Curse You! ADULT SWIM!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curse You! ADULT SWIM!!!!

Thanks to Sealab 2021 I've developed a passion for samba and bossa nova. The episode where Marco returns, and he and Debbie sing Águas de Março together (the clip of which is also used in a commercial) just got me hooked, like some heroin freebie. At first, I was just going around on Limewire, like some street addict, trying to get Águas de Março (sung by Elias and Jobin), but it's gone to full blown addition. I'm going through my library's bossa nova collection (thank god I live in South Florida, with a large Brazilian community). I'm looking for Brazilian jazz clubs on Citysearch.

I am a broken man. I've hit rock bottom . . . bossa nova.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Bossa nova

Comment

I thought you were going to learn to do the dances yourself, che.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

bossa nova it's cool..
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I'm hoping to start learning latino dancing as well.

I was to one salsa lesson and felling very happy about it.

Comment

Try Daniela Mercury
            Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

I got Stan Getz Plays Jobim, Getz/Gilberto, Antonio Carlos Jobim: Wave, Elaine Elias Sings Jobim plus some other stuff.

Have to admit, I've been fiend for "The Girl From Ipanema" for years. I have, I think, six or seven different versions of the tune.
              Last edited by chequita guevara; February 19, 2005, 17:20.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Bossa nova

Antonio Carlos Jobim

@ Sirotnikov: taking salsa lessons is a great way to meet women. Unfortunately, I can't stand the music.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Astrud Gilberto

Comment

There's also the health benefits, it earns you tons of "romantic" points with women, and the women who dance are typically in shape since fat women rarely do as well or look as good to want to continue. And when you become good with the advanced and fun moves then women seek you out. I think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Dancing is an AMAZING activity. You can go up to a gorgeous woman that you've never met before, spend three minutes touching her virtually anywhere on her body, and she THANKS you for it afterwards! -Mario Robau

Comment

Working...
                    X