X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverly Hills Cop 2

Just watched it.

It's a silly and very very fun movie.

Reminds me what movies are ought to be about - cops, badguys, car chases, naked women.

I must admit the 80s action/comedy movies are much more fun than almost any movie I have seen recently (not that I have seen that plenty).

I was also surprised at the amount of times I said "wow, this is just like GTA 3 Vice City"

Yeah lots of good 80s movies.. they don't make them like that anymore.. classics.. many murphy movies.. all those al pacino movies.. true classics. They made the best action/comedy movies, just like you point out. It's not like these days, when everything has to look cool and sharp and have 0492853049 start cinematography.. back then, when they made a car chase where 20 cars get wrecked, they really got wrecked, and prolly more in the process that never made to the final cut.

THe ideas had to be good, because the whole movie would be about a story, story highlighted and playing the leading role. Action, you don't need a stinking deep dialogues in them, or slow scenes with lots of love making. Damn, all you need is realistic car trashing, LOTS of shooting, people running in jeans, some pumping music and ATTITUDE. That's it, makes up for all the damn slow motion flying cars, all the 'we all do kung fu' and all the who has the coolest sunglasses. You don't need damn glasses, only thing you need is a mouth and pair of legs that can run, jump and MAYBE kick. Front kick is the ONLY kick used, nothing fancy pansy wuouuutoo YATA! kicks.

Only thing they need is a boss they work for who is always pissed off at them, because they are loose cannons, but let them operate anyway. They all need to be under threat of getting closed or fired, because of their early destroyings of things and not getting the bad guy.

mix in some jokes that are actually FUNNY, some babes, and no not romance, but few boobies that's all. None of them 'listenmy best friend I need to tell you I really love you man'. No man love. Man ACTION!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
    X