Apolyton Life Expectancies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Life Expectancies

How long will I live, compared to the length of time I have lived. This is something that's been on my mind for some time now, not least from having sadly lost a number of close relatives in recent years.

Let's do a little survey, really simple. Just post

1) Your age
    2) Number of years you reasonably expect to have left on this earth, all things considered

Any additional thoughts on the subject of life expectancies are of course also welcome.

My numbers:

1) 38
    2) 32

So I expect to have ~45% of my life still ahead of me.

It's odd if I think about it this way: The past 32 years since I was 6 years old seem to have just flown by. And with each passing year, time seems to speed up ever more, so it'll soon be all over, just like that.

Even though I still consider myself to be relatively young, next thing I know I'll be gone.

Thanks for cheering me up Winston. If you start smoking again you could cut that in half and really pitty yourself.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Well, maybe I'll die younger with my diet, and my avowed wish to commit suicide before becoming a vegetable. However, with any luck, the life conditions of 90 year olds will be much better in the future than to what they are now.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Given my bad habits I'll be dead in 5 years.

But I'll make sure to take 10 fascists with me.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Oh, I smoke.

I started up again around the time the quit-smoking-thread hit page 8 or so. 14 days it lasted. Yup, I'm clever like that.

Now post those numbers!

Comment

assuming I live to average age. I suppose I won't, tho, since my health has never been particularly robust.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

@Agathon

I'm 30, I'll be dead by the time I'm 80, fer sure... Anything after that will be borrowed time spent on hookers and cheap booze.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

24, I have no idea... my death will probably involve something self-inflicted.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

But I'll make sure to take 10 fascists with me.
                  ... dammit
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

So that's

73% left for Spiffor
                    71% left for Last Conformist
                    63% left for Japher

I want to reload to winston_1985_ad.sav

Comment

want to reload to winston_1985_ad.sav
                      that would be kewl. However, I haven't seen any save spots.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Given my family's general health, and my grandparents' health in particular, at 20 I can expect to easily reach 80 (barring illness or injury) and will most likely have another 5-20 years left as old age truly sets in thanks to health/medical advances

So I'm more or less set for 100.
                          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I think I might go early accidentally. You know, I'm not worried about it. Things just happen to me all the time where I injure myself. Maybe car accident, maybe some kind of freak accident, accidentally shot, accidentally slip and hit my head, what ever. But if not, I think I'll live reasonably long, if I come to my old man. He's a damn genetic freak he is. He is 64 and I'm not biased or exaggarating when I say his body looks like 40, and who is in good shape at that, he has all his hair he never uses any products but it's all there, it's in the original colour and all that. He moves like a cat, and no one ever believes his age, and when they do, he gets huge respect for it. I'm not lying when I say he's in the best shape for a man his age I ever known. Then again, sure he has them things that comes wiht age no matter if you still have muscles and you are totally ripped and have a six pack. YEah, he has a visible six pack. Not those oldie droppign hanging skin with ribs hanging out and you mistake them for sixpack. I'm ta lking the real deal. His stamina is awesome. he could challenge the most of us in most physical fitness tasks, except few like running because his shoulder starts hurting in that one. The only thing that is a give away is his eyes. His eyes look his age. Then again, I have lots of photos when I'm a baby and he's like 40, and he look like he's under 30. And that's all his brothers. They are all like that. So I'm hoping I will inherit that one on myself. His brains work as fast as always, reflecs.. all are there like new. My words don't even compliment it enough, you should see yourself. He has that natural strengh too.. I won him the first time in arm wrestling when I was 15, and I was doing sports everyday seriously at that age and seriously from the age of 9 or 10. He was that ****ing strong. He literally gives you bruises if he snaps you with the fingers or pokes you. I don't know.. I'm hoping his head will be clear and fast and that his heart won't give out, that way he will ****ing live forever, and I'm right there with him. One other thing, he is never sick. You know those people? He's NEVER sick. Then again, when the time comes, he might go fast then..

SO anyway, I'm hoping that I'll be just like him. Little less I would be happy with too. That would mean, that I myself will be physically fit at age of 70. In a way where I can do anything just like I used to, not how I can, but how I used to. It's just amazing how fit he is and how 'young' he is too. That's why people never believe him he's retired too. Then again he doesn't sit on his ass. He gets up every morning early and starts doign something and no not around the house it's not enough, he goes for a 1 hour walk at least with a good pace if nothing else.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Just to make the maths easier.
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                              X