X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Cookie Monster' Case Gets Nastier

'Cookie Monster' Case Gets Nastier

Thursday, February 17, 2005

DURANGO, Colo. — A hearing on a restraining order was scheduled Thursday for the family of one of two girls ordered to pay $930 in medical bills to a woman who claimed the delivery of a plate of cookies scared her to the hospital.

Dick Ostergaard, father of Taylor Ostergaard (search), 18, filed for the restraining order Feb. 4 against Wanita "Ranea" Young's (search) husband, who allegedly made harassing calls to the Ostergaard residence.

Both families said they would try to mediate the matter.

Taylor Ostergaard and Lindsey Jo Zellitti (search), 18, knocked on the Youngs' door and left a plate of cookies on the porch late one night last July.

Young, 49, said nobody answer when she asked who was there and she could see only shadowy figures that ran away to a car parked outside the gate.

The incident happened at her isolated country home where she was with her teen daughter and elderly, ill mother, while her husband was out of town.

Young said she hasn't returned to her part-time job at Wal-Mart (search) and might have to give up the presidency and her seat on the board of the local food bank, a post she's held for 16 years, because of the negative attention she's received.

She's received hundreds of crank calls, along with truckloads of "strange" packages—some containing cookies or cookie crumbs.

"All this over cookies," she said. "Our home is like a funeral parlor. They've robbed us of our laughter. My spirit, my soul, is damaged."

Despite that, Young said she believes going to court was the right thing.

"I don't know how to change. I don't know how to compromise my principles," she said.
    My soul is damaged! Oh the horror!

Ohh the negative image, and she got tons of more free cookies? This woman can't appreciate anything. Crank calls might suck though, but she 'kept' with her principles. I guess he lost the lesson too losing this game. That makes her a LOSER.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Her principles are extortion?
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

PS for the record, I sued my neighbour for dropping me a 5 euros to my mailbox. It gave me the scares. I sued him for all of his money.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I sued my own mother for giving birth to me.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

So what? You except to ... be born again million times?
            In da butt.

Comment

I don't understand the case at all. A family (Young) has been harassing and trying to extort money from another family (Ostergaard), because the Ostergaards have snekly delivered cookies to their house? Do I get this right?
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                So what? You except to ... be born again million times?
                Well, it came as quite a shock. Doctors say I will die from it.
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The Ostergaards should be let off, as it's a Danish surname, and obviously with a name like that they would never want to cause harm to anybody.

The Youngs and the Zellittis however, should pay dearly for this if there's any justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                    I don't understand the case at all. A family (Young) has been harassing and trying to extort money from another family (Ostergaard), because the Ostergaards have snekly delivered cookies to their house? Do I get this right?
                    Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
                      Yup.
                      Amazing. I think the Young should be rewarded for their wild imagination, and their hard work at attmepting to get money
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Good. I hope the ***** has a heart attack and dies face down in a package of cookies. She's such a ****** she deserves to keep making minimum wage at Wal-Mart.
                        Last edited by Dinner; February 17, 2005, 18:54.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Demonstrating that there are plenty of bastards on this planet...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

My favourite part is that she's still playing the victim, 'feel sorry for me everyone, please I'm victim' after she doesn't think twice about NOT suing bunch of teen girls from next door who brought her cookies because they were sweet like that. She had her time to not sue. She got her chance even more when they tried to settle it with her. But no. She deserves this, it's just that simple, and now she should shut up and take it. but does she do that? Oh no.. now we should fee sorry for her because people send her more cookies because they're so evil.
                            In da butt.

Comment

I side with the old woman. She did have hopsital bills that had to be paid. She had no insurance.

Comment

Working...
                              X