No announcement yet.

Pick a new choice for yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I visited William and Mary in... like 1987 during a family trip to the east coast. We walked around the colony and wandered on to the campus. Very nice and not bad for a school built in the late 1600's.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
      W&M? I visited there when I was looking at schools, very sound Oldest school in the country, lovely campus, nice town... Great school IMO. I didn't go there since I am from the west coast, but if I was out east it of definitly been a topper.
      I enjoyed my time as a W&M undergrad so much that I stayed here for law school, turning down schools that ranked slightly higher.

I don't really regret coming to W&M, its just that I'd like to see where I would have been accepted. I always wonder whether I would have gotten into Princeton, Yale, UPenn, UChicago. There's a decent chance that I would have still turned those schools down; I grew up in a rural area and didn't know whether I was ready to go to a big city or not. However, it would have been nice to know that I would have had the option of turning down those schools. I guess its just vanity.
      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

I applied to two schools. Like hell I was going to pay the application fees for more than that.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I was far to inattentive in High school and college. I still managed to get into a top 40 university though if I applied to the same school today I likely would be turned down. The ranking has increased that much since the mid 90's. that suites me fine though since it means the value of my degree keeps increasing.
          Last edited by Dinner; February 18, 2005, 10:45.

Comment

Sava,

I recommend being a volunteer as a remedy to most of your problems. It will make you more positive, have more confidence, and meet women who have the similar ideas as yourself. Kill a bunch of birds all at onve.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

As for the question in the OP, I guess I would do something different when I was 18. May be 17? I guess 17 would be better because even if I foobared there, I still would get another chance.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                Stay away from SSRIs, they have been linked to suicide, are known to cause dependancy, and have been known to wear off after awhile.

As I understand it, the brain trying to retain homeostasis will downregulate in response to the extra Seratonin, causing the level of Seratonin to go down canceling out the effect of the SSRI. Then when the SSRI is taken away the Seratonin that is lost makes the situation even worse. Also, I have heard that SSRI can limit brain function in the long run.
                Even if you kill yourself in the interim because your depression is so severe? Seriously bad advice for those whose lives are at risk. I will say that you should only take them after a thorough workup by a psychiatrist and should only stop taking them under close supervision.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

If I could change one thing, I would of stayed away from my dad's computer when I was little, and instead, kept doing the creative things I liked to spend my time with before that - like painting and drawing. I also wish I took my cello lessons more seriously... or that my parent's could've chosen a more interesting instrument for me to learn. (what 8 year old wants to play the ****ing cello? - I can appretiate it now, but it wasn't all that inspiring back than. )
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Pick a new choice for yourself

I would have not opened this thread.

Comment

Answering to Oerdin:

Originally posted by Oerdin
                      Get outside, smell the flowers, talk to people, get exercise, go surfing... do something.

Comment

Prozac worked like a dream as an antidepressant and gave me prolonged orgasm. How's that for a bonus? I was reluctant to come off them
                        So THAT explains why it's so popular in the US.

I recommend being a volunteer as a remedy to most of your problems.
                        US Army could be a good place to start. I mean, you like guns and aren't afraid of death? Use your life to do something good.

You'd have to get in shape first, though...

For exercise there are always indoor gyms.
                        Suckers who use gyms
                        Skiing outdoors
                        Making push-ups and pull-ups right after waking up

Comment

Working...
                        X