No announcement yet.

Pick a new choice for yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have been born smarter and sexier and healthier and richer and just generally more awesomer.

If I had to pick just one, then I'd go with "awesomer."

I'd settle for "less crazy" as an alternative.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Mice routinely kill and eat each other when to many mice are put into to small of an area. It's a way for the dominant mice to thin the ranks.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Check this out, best music video ever ed2k://|file|Paul.Van.Dyk.&.Peter.Heppner.-.Wir.Sind.Wir.(Viva.-.DivX.5.11.2000kbps).avi|60700620|A5FA114FA6E4E04D B7A520D3ADA0D32E|/
        Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

I would have fought with my high school to put me into advanced computer applications instead of computer applications. I was so bored in that class.

More importantly, if I hadn't had to take computer apps, I never would have met that girl, and I never would have fallen for her, and then I never would have had that stupid, long, torturous breakup with my bestfriend because we ****ing fell for the same girl.

And then I would have never entered the lowest depths of my depression, where I found comfort and friendship in people I would have not normally associated with.

And then, not being so depressed, I never would have had the revelations that changed my life and made me who I am today.

Well damn. Butterfly effect. Funny that.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'd pick not to have depression. I'd like to not have asthma, but it kept me out of the military at a stage in my life when I was very moldible, and thus would be a very different person.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I would have picked the winning lottery number

Comment

... seems to be a significant amount of depressed people here.

I'd do two things over

1. I would have put more effort into my undergraduate admissions process. I only applied to three schools.

2. I would have partied less and studied more my Freshman year of undergrad.
                I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

WTF is up with so many polytubes being depressed? What, is the reason you spend so much time on the internet because this means of communication is attractive to depressed people or what? Come on people! Get outside, smell the flowers, talk to people, get exercise, go surfing... do something.

Or is it the average population is as depressed as Poly?

Comment

NO it's freezing outside. There are no flowers outside they're under the snow. Talk to people? you are definitely not from around here are you crazy?! Get exercize, well it's cold and freezing out there.. surfing? Not possible. Do.. something? Well yes I will go to sleep. But then again, I'm not depressed. Too sexy to be depressed.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff
                      I'd do two things over

1. I would have put more effort into my undergraduate admissions process. I only applied to three schools.

2. I would have partied less and studied more my Freshman year of undergrad.
                      I only applied to four though I knew I'd get into two of them (UC San Diego & UC Santa Barbara) and the other two were "reach" schools for me (Berkley and UCLA). UCSD was arguably the better school over all but I loved the UCSB campus and they had a better geology department even if UCSD was rated slighly higher over all (mostly because they have a medical school). As an added benifit if I could live in my own apartment if I moved to Santa barbara where as staying in San Diego would have meant stay at my parents.

I do wish I studied more but I still got a 3.0 average and I partied my ass off so I can't really complain. Especially since UCSB was/is 75% female.

Comment

Mines general. I would have never procrastinated. Of course I still do it, but I do it less and less.

Regret is useful. As long as you use it going forward. The most important history to study is your own, so that you don't repeat your own mistakes. So yes if given the chance to do some of the things I had done mistakenly before I would have done them differently. Would I be in a different situation and a different person, yes. I like who I am and what I have, but It's not perfect.
                        Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          NO it's freezing outside. There are no flowers outside they're under the snow. Talk to people? you are definitely not from around here are you crazy?! Get exercize, well it's cold and freezing out there.. surfing? Not possible. Do.. something? Well yes I will go to sleep. But then again, I'm not depressed. Too sexy to be depressed.
                          OK, well still do something social inside if you must. I know Finns have a reputation for being anti-social but if you are persistent then some young lady might slip up and talk to you.

For exercise there are always indoor gyms.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                            I only applied to four though I knew I'd get into two of them (UC San Diego & UC Santa Barbara) and the other two were "reach" schools for me (Berkley and UCLA). UCSD was arguably the better school over all but I loved the UCSB campus and they had a better geology department even if UCSD was rated slighly higher over all (mostly because they have a medical school). As an added benifit if I could live in my own apartment if I moved to Santa barbara where as staying in San Diego would have meant stay at my parents.

I do wish I studied more but I still got a 3.0 average and I partied my ass off so I can't really complain. Especially since UCSB was/is 75% female.
                            I applied to 3 schools: Harvard, William & Mary, and University of Maryland- Baltimore (only because I could apply there free of charge). I was wait-listed at Harvard, so I went to W&M. Its a great school, but its overshadowed by other schools with bigger names. I figure that had I applied to some other Ivy League schools that I would have probably been admitted to one of them. However, I was big into athletics in high school and a bit on the immature side, so I only put a half-hearted effort into my applications.

Your Freshman Year sounds similar to mine. I partied, never studied, and pulled out a 3.0. However, those were in Freshman level classes. I progressively got my act together and achieved a 4.0 my Senior year taking 400 level classes. I finished with a 3.6 gpa, but had I even put a small effort into my Freshman year I bet that I could have had ended up with 3.75 or over, which would have been PBK and summa *** laude. Oh well.
                            I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

W&M? I visited there when I was looking at schools, very sound Oldest school in the country, lovely campus, nice town... Great school IMO. I didn't go there since I am from the west coast, but if I was out east it of definitly been a topper.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

I never got a 4.0 not even in high school. My best year I pulled off a 3.33. My total undergraduate GPA is 3.0 which makes it hard to get into a first tier grad school. I'll have to get my MBA from a second tier school but that's not to bad say there are two or three where I live and, now that I'm a home owner, I'm unwilling to move.

Comment

Working...
                                X