Football: The Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bfg9000
    He wants to be one of the top 10 players in salary in the game. He feels he did not have leverage when he signed a 7-year deal last year because Eagles knew he wanted out of Baltimore. Now he feels he has leverage because of his performance last year.
    What a greedy bastard!

Comment

• So Imran, how about that Ron Mexico?
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang
        So Imran, how about that Ron Mexico?
        That was great... he's even more the man now
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          That was great... he's even more the man now

speaking of....

Not funny league
          NFL doesn't find Vick's alias 'Ron Mexico' humorous
          Posted: Thursday April 14, 2005 3:23PM; Updated: Thursday April 14, 2005 8:46PM

ATLANTA (AP) -- The NFL doesn't want Ron Mexico to play for the Falcons.

Since that name was listed as an alias for Atlanta quarterback Michael Vick in a lawsuit filed last month, people have gone to the NFL's online store to order Vick's No. 7 replica jersey with a personalized "MEXICO" on the back.

But fans trying to order the customized jersey now get this message: "The personalization entered cannot be accepted."

The alias was printed in court documents in a civil lawsuit filed March 14 that alleges Vick infected a woman with herpes. Vick has said he will fight the charges.

Among the parties listed in the lawsuit is "Ron Mexico," which the plaintiff's attorneys claim Vick has used as a pseudonym. Vick's attorney, Lawrence Woodward, did not immediately return repeated calls to his office this week.

The Falcons haven't commented on the case.

The NFL told its online shop to add the pseudonym to its list of banned names, along with obscenities and others deemed improper, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said.

"The jerseys are intended for fans who want to have their name on a jersey," he said. "Obviously, this was in direct reference to recent events. We decided it's inappropriate to sell jerseys with that particular name on it."

McCarthy said "only a handful" of orders for the Mexico jerseys had been placed, and none were filled. A few "Ron Mexico" T-shirts have popped up at other online retailers, though none of the NFL's licensed replica jerseys have been sold or posted for sale.

News of the made-up moniker has circulated on sports talk shows and Web sites.

"This is life. This is freedom of speech. You can't control what people say or do. As long as you control yourself and conduct yourself in a well-mannered way, that's all you can do," said Falcons safety Keion Carpenter, Vick's best friend on the team and a business partner who helped the quarterback start his youth football camps.

The attention has even thrust an unwitting Ron Mexico (not an alias) into the spotlight.

"I've been getting a ton of calls. People are asking me if I know him. I don't, of course," said Mexico, an auto parts supplier in Brighton, Mich.

"How do you pull a name like that out of the air? Use Bob Smith or Jim Johnson; there's 50 million of them. Out of all the names in the whole world, I wanna know how he picked this name out," Mexico wondered.
          roflmao!

Comment

• no fun league

it's a good thing they have great football actions or I wouldn't watch.

Comment

• @Philly, TO's your problem now!
              Monkey!!!

Comment

• I still haven't figured out why it's the wide recievers that have the over inflated egos. If anything, it should be the QB's with the huge egos. And I still say running backs are far more important than wide recievers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

The Rams have to play the Cards twice a year, and the Cards are getting better. They've got potential this year.
                  The Cards have no RB, no QB, no OL, and Denny Green at the helm.

Kid must be off his paranoia meds again...
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Damn... I wanted a Mexico jersey .

I still haven't figured out why it's the wide recievers that have the over inflated egos. If anything, it should be the QB's with the huge egos. And I still say running backs are far more important than wide recievers.

Good QBs have to be unselfish to spread the ball around to various different people. Look at how humble QBs like Brady or Manning are.

Well their OL isn't that bad. They got the #8 pick in the draft, and they may take a RB like J.J. Arrington or Marion Barber III in the 2nd round. QB is Warner who isn't bad. I think they can go 8-8 this year... especially in that division.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit

Kid must be off his paranoia meds again...
                      I hope you are right, about the Cards that is. I think they would have been a much better team last year if Shipp and Boldin didn't get hurt. It doesn't appear to me that Warner has lost it, and that means that he's capable of greatness still around other talent. He had suck receivers last year, and a pretty ****ty line. The Cards actually worry me more than the Seahawks this year.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• As far as the draft goes. I hope the Rams get Jammal Brown, the right tackle from Oklahoma. Some people say N.O. will draft him, but I think they will probably draft a defensive player first. I think the Rams are counting on getting Jammal Brown.

edit: I don't think it would be bad if the Rams got Thomas Davis at safety though. We need a safety too, and Davis is more talented. He probably won't make it to the 19th pick though.
                        Last edited by Kidlicious; April 16, 2005, 22:24.

Comment

• The Rams have a very easy schedule next season. And that's good.

2005 Schedule / Results
                          Sep 11 - at San Francisco, 4:15 PM
                          Sep 18 - at Arizona, 4:05 PM
                          Sep 25 - vs. Tennessee, 1:00 PM
                          Oct 2 - at NY Giants, 1:00 PM
                          Oct 9 - vs. Seattle, 1:00 PM
                          Oct 17 - at Indianapolis, 9:00 PM
                          Oct 23 - vs. New Orleans, 1:00 PM
                          Oct 30 - vs. Jacksonville, 1:00 PM
                          Nov 7 - Open
                          Nov 13 - at Seattle, 4:15 PM
                          Nov 20 - vs. Arizona, 1:00 PM
                          Nov 27 - at Houston, 1:00 PM
                          Dec 4 - vs. Washington, 4:05 PM
                          Dec 11 - at Minnesota, 1:00 PM
                          Dec 18 - vs. Philadelphia, 4:15 PM
                          Dec 24 - vs. San Francisco, 1:00 PM
                          Jan 1 - at Dallas, 8:30 PM

Comment

• I have a feeling that SF may throw a wrench in a few wheels
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

• 49rs suck.

Comment

• duh.
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X