Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need proof that most online servers are NOT owned by "big buisness".... help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need proof that most online servers are NOT owned by "big buisness".... help me?

For a paper... I need SOME source(internet being preferable, books are okay) that testifies that the majority of servers online, either now, or in the past are NOT owned by massive international conglomerates or american super corporations.

I suppose it's true, but what's the relevance? Most of the content and the routing is on/via a relatively small number of very big servers.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I just need the source, its relevant to one critical part of my argument .

Comment

What argument?
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

"Most online servers are, in fact, not owned by big business." - Verto.

There you are.

Comment

It's long and complicated but arguing that big buisness does not own the majority of servers, are important. There is an actual chance my proffesor reads this board (HI! *waves*) so I need a LEGITAMIE source.

Comment

I don't know that your assertion is correct.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Use google scholar or something.

Comment

Define "big business"... most servers are owned by business by definition
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Servers or websites?

A server can have multiple websites, while a gigantic website such as Google spans hundreds of servers.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Hmm, how did the Dad character from Non Sequitur respond in almost this exact same situation?

"You know, you might consider gathering information and weighing evidence on the subject before drawing conclusions..."
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                      X