Bush's deficits and the coming crunch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oerdin, saved by natural disasters.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• The contest ends this week, September 30. That's the end of fiscal year 2005. I doubt they will have spent about $110 billion extra on Katrina by then. They will give it a good college try, but I don't think they have it in them.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• We're were at $350 for this year before Katrina and they've already authorized $65billion.

You seem to be ignoring supplimental spending.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• We were on track for about a $300 - $310 billion deficit. So you need an extra $110 billion of spending on Katrina by the end of this week, or tax receipts plumetting because of Katrina.

Last month's release...

FY05 deficit looks to be in $300 bln - $310 bln range -- slicing the record $413 bln FY04 deficit by a quarter.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• That looks like they're mixing Social Security money in with the General Fund which would be a pretty dirty trick.

Comment

• Those were the rules of the game, as set up earlier in the thread. You're screwed.

Comment

• Your own link says the Deficit has been -366 billion over the last 12 months (ending in April). I should be very very close after Katrina money is added in.

Comment

• No, my link says a $328 billion deficit over the last 12 months, ending in August.

Comment

• Go to the very bottom and look at the table.

Comment

• You're looking at the right hand of the table (April) when you should be looking at the left hand of the table (August).

Comment

• OK, -$328 add in the $65 already spent on Katrina and we're at around $390. I'm easily with in shooting range especially since we said it had to be inflation adjusted and gas prices have shot up fueling inflation.

Comment

• Higher inflation helps me, not you. Doh!

Comment

• Oerdin, I'm afraid yer screwed. You should throw yourself on DanS' mercy.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• We will see.

Comment

• I want to move to Canada

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X