Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alva

Yeah, god forbid we make one mistake.

What's the current count on how many we're wrongfully fried on the chair again?
    so because mistakes happen, it's okay to make more purposely?

I think not.

I'm not against euthanasia mind you. But I'm against it in cases where the person being euthanized has no say so. And I don't agree with spouses making the decision as in the case in Florida. I can't help but be suspicious about that.

Comment

Of course it isn't OK but at least in the first case the intention is to help, both the patient and their families.
      In the second case it's because of barbaric revenge or politics.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by orange
        the point of Euthanasia is that she should be able to choose if she wants her life to end or not...

Except in the Netherlands euthanasia has already become a "doctor's option," with as many as 10,000 cases where consent of relatives was not sought.

Yes, giving doctors power of euthanasia is how the Nazis introduced their pogroms.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Do you have any idea how much old people cost and how many we have and will have. Put them down I say.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Originally posted by alva
            Do you have any idea how much old people cost and how many we have and will have. Put them down I say.
            We should put down people who advocated killing people without their consent
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No problem.. but can you wait, say another 40 to 50 years?

Comment

As I recall the deal with this woman was that she was never a total vegetable. As the article says she was able to communicate using her eyes and I think she was able to breath on her own.

In a case where the person is totally on the machine and is unable to communicate at all with the outside world (ie. brain dead) I think the option should be left up to the family.

The whole nonsense about doctors making that decision scares me. Doctors can be incredibly smart people, but they are just like everyone else. And quite frankly after dealing with them at my last job and meeting a few that my mother works with, well, I wouldn't want those cowboys making any decisions on pulling the plug.

I do agree that there is a point though where a family must decide that it's better to let that person go than lie in state.

Comment

Whatever. We have plenty of drain bamaged ppl posting here! They're called commies
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X