No announcement yet.

Swedish food at... IKEA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IKEA. Crap furniture. Nasty shops. Dodgy Swedish extremists.

I could go on. At great length, in fact.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

The designs were still nasty modernist stuff and the quality was still crap but the prices most certainly could not be beat.
      How expensive is Ikea? I've never been in one. More or less expensive than a Wal-mart?

At least Wal-Mart sells decent-looking furniture. I'll admit I have a couple things from there. It looks fairly nice and as long as you don't put much weight on it it stands up.
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
        IKEA actually made front page news in my country a couple of years ago. Food related, that is.

In most christian countries, there is a tradition of companies throwing a christmas party for the employees. In Denmark, we call this "julefrokost" which means christmas luncheon. This is because at a julefrokost you eat mostly fish and cold cuts on rye, which is the traditional lunch meal here. The fact that a julefrokost almost always takes place in the evening carries no weight in that equation.

Now then IKEA decided to cancel any future christmas luncheon's on the basis that IKEA had many moslem employees, and that moslems don't celebrate christmas. This sparked an outrage in the media, and one tabloid paper actually initiated a "Don't shop at IKEA" campaign. IKEA held on to their position, and eventually the media shifted their attention elsewhere.

Asmodean

then of course there are the religions where we dont celebrate christmas, but we LOVE fish and cold cuts on rye
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
          Kamprad, for whatever reason, don't want himself seen as a superrichie.

As for IKEA, they're the Stosstrupp of Swedish cultural imperialism. Each time you shop there, they take a piece of your soul.
          re: swedish cultrual imerpialism I was forced to lsiten to oa hela natten for two hours strasight today.

and ikea = pure EVIL
          CSPA

Comment

PURE evil, even
            CSPA

Comment

sweden
              ikea, ericsson/sony ericsson

finland
              nokia ( when compared to ericsson, when you think of the ngage. )
              B♭3

Comment

Working...
              X