mass suicide planned for Valentine's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mass suicide planned for Valentine's Day

yeah I posted this in the Valentine's thread, but it seems like a threajack.

I don't know why people go through so much trouble to stop these things. Who cares. Although the remark about the lady killing her 2 kids is disturbing. I can see stopping it because of that.

the funniest thing about this is they are charging the guy with a crime!. "solicitation to commit murder"- whatever that is. give me a break.

People who place any kind of importance on 'Valentine's Day' should feel free to end their lives whenever they want. Proselytizing among their peers is fine with me also.

Comment

I don't know why people go through so much trouble to stop these things. Who cares. Although the remark about the lady killing her 2 kids is disturbing. I can see stopping it because of that.
      You never had a suicide in your family, have you? You have no idea how much damage a suicide can do to the parents, loved ones, friends... Killing yourself is like setting off a bomb: you kill yourself and you hurt your loved ones in the process. My father's cousin killed herself right down the street from where I live. Even though it happened about 25 years ago, you can still feel the after effect of the blast.
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Of all the million reasons that prevent me from committing suicide, my obligations towards my children is the strongest force. Suicide is the ultimate ego-trip.
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

can't say I have had a suicide, but in most of these people's cases, they don't have much loved ones.

Like myself for instance. I very small circle of people know me. I doubt they would care if I committed suicide. My family was never very close.

Comment

But we are
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

God damn, I'm thinking of joining that group.

I forgot how much trouble Valentines Day is when you have a steady girlfriend. Turns out I have to work on Valentines Day (I work nights 9PM - 5:30AM; sleep when I get home to around 2:00PM), and so I asked my girlfriend to work with me to plan the day so that we could be together. When I proposed some things, she thought that I was trying to 'rush everything in'. She didn't help me plan the day, and thought she could just ignore the day altogether even though I really wanted to be with her.

Needless to say, we've created quite a mess!!
              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Orange: Good to see you're back. I was thinking of ripping off your Fezzie-signature so that the n00bs wouldn't forget it, but now that you're around again, there's no need.

Re: suicide: If you're going to kill yourself, why not use your life to create something good for the next generations?

Comment

good idea. I'll donate my brain to science
                  "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                  You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by orange

I forgot how much trouble Valentines Day is when you have a steady girlfriend. Turns out I have to work on Valentines Day (I work nights 9PM - 5:30AM; sleep when I get home to around 2:00PM), and so I asked my girlfriend to work with me to plan the day so that we could be together. When I proposed some things, she thought that I was trying to 'rush everything in'. She didn't help me plan the day, and thought she could just ignore the day altogether even though I really wanted to be with her.

yeah those of us without a girlfriend on Valentine's day are so thankful for being alone and not having the "trouble".

Comment

Valentine's Day is an evil capitalist contraption to fool the gullible.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

We don't want it

You know, if someone tried to get me involved in a suicide pact I'd tell them to go to hell...there must be a lot of gullible people out there...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                          Valentine's Day is an evil capitalist contraption to fool the gullible.
                          And a great way of making her get really dirty for just a small cost.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I was thinking about joining the armed forces myself... do the scientists even need more brains to study them?

Comment

Put your foot down in this case lad. You have other constraints on your time, if she's going to be a pain about it, don't bother...,
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X