My printer has run out of RBY....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My printer has run out of RBY....

..but still has plenty of black ink, I need to print a purely text document, but it keeps giving the 'out of ink' thing.

I know text isn't totally black and that why i'm getting the error, is there a way around this?

try selecting "print in greyscale" in the properties section
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Even greyscale may not work with certain printers. Some companies make a so much profit on selling ink cartridges, they rig their printers not to work unless both cartidges are installed. Both must still have toner, too.

Comment

yep, no luck, thanks though Japher. Maybe I need to get a mono laser printer, what are running costs on those things?

Comment

US$ 0.03 or so per page

Comment

Why don't you get a printer with a black cartrdge and a RBY one? That way if this happens again you can just replace the RGB and have a half-filled black one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalius
              Why don't you get a printer with a black cartrdge and a RBY one? That way if this happens again you can just replace the RGB and have a half-filled black one.
              Thats what I've got...

Comment

So why don't you just replace the RGY? Sounds like much ado about nothing to me...

Comment

Not many shops open at 4.00 in the AM, maybe?
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Kalius
                    Why don't you get a printer with a black cartrdge and a RBY one?
                    These are bad. These are sold on the Gillette Principle: the printer is the razor and the ink cartridges are the disposable blades.

The mininum you want to get, if you want an inkjet printer instead of a laser printer, is one with 4 independent cartridges. These are a bit more expensive in the beginning, but will save you money in the long run.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Does the manufacturer actually call CMY RBY?
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                        Not many shops open at 4.00 in the AM, maybe?

Comment

Working...
                        X