No announcement yet.

Arthur Miller Dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which I believe was my original point, except that people may have perfectly pleasant personalities, and yet not be talented actresses and intelligent too.

But if she doesn't have a nice rack, then who cares?

Sexism
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
      I believe we're mostly in agreement, except that I place more emphasis on her achievements in the cinema and as an intelligent (not just personable and good looking) woman.
      True, but then physical attraction probably has little to do with the persons achievements, at least not for heterosexual men. A lot of men do just care about the boobs, but that's pretty dumb.

I once introduced a women to a friend of mine. He asked me what she was like. I didn't really know her very well at all, so I could only tell him about her physical attributes. So I said, "well she has big boobs." His eyes lit up. He ended up marrying her, but she is a total *****. He's very unhappy.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
        Which I believe was my original point, except that people may have perfectly pleasant personalities, and yet not be talented actresses and intelligent too.

But if she doesn't have a nice rack, then who cares?

Sexism
        Gays just don't understand.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
          molly bloom,

How does the fact that she was intelligence (that's actually new to me), dispute the fact that she was so frickin' hot?!
          By today's standards she'd be considered to be too fat and wouldn't stand a chance to ever "make" it.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

IIRC we studied one of his plays at school...can't remember which one or much about it.
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by alva

By today's standards she'd be considered to be too fat and wouldn't stand a chance to ever "make" it.
              I think that says more about today's standards than it does about Marilyn.

And I think it's also a bit amusing that while most people did remember to also praise Miller's work, half the posts so far have been more concerned with Marilyn.

Including this one. We may inadvertently have given the answer to which of his to major fields of achievement was the most impressive.

Comment

I think that says more about today's standards than it does about Marilyn.

Ohh, certainly, wasn't implying otherwise.

Curved hips

Comment

Working...
                X