• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Police Doing Their Job!

Arsenal unnoticed
    GUNS SAT IN SUV FOR 4 1/2 MONTHS
    By ROB LAMBERTI, TORONTO SUN

A LARGE cache of firearms seized by Toronto Police last week sat in an abandoned SUV in an East York apartment parking lot for 4 1/2 months. The astonishing batch of firepower was described by Chief Julian Fantino as "better armament than we have as a police service."

The weapons, spotted by the superintendent of the Blair St. building when he looked in the SUV, included mostly assault weapons. There were a .45-calibre Thompson sub-machinegun, a 7.62-mm Galil, a Kalashnikov, an AK-47 with a drum magazine, another Galil with a folding stock, three AR-15s and ammunition.

An officer familiar with the case doesn't think the weapons were intended for the underworld market. The suspected owner was once a licensed gun collector who had let his permits lapse, he explained.

It would have been frightening if criminals had found the cache, he said: "It was enough to overthrow an island in the Caribbean."

The owner of the SUV has been in jail awaiting trial since he was arrested last Sept. 16 on fraud and firearms-related offences. His wife was also arrested and charged with 24 firearm and fraud charges.

Police finished processing the firearms on Tuesday as evidence in the ongoing case against Tak Kwong Chan, 39 and his wife, Rita Mark-Chan, 39. The Crown is expected to update the charges in court to a total of 160 charges against the husband.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

And yet we still have a homicide rate a fraction of yours...
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I never said that our police were competitant

And are all Canadians as humorless as you are?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Just the people from Toronto.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Now imagine if an SUV full of guns was left alone in a large US city for 4 months.
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
            Just the people from Toronto.

Hey, we are the centre of the world. We don't need no stinking humour.
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Jeesh, what kind of lazy lame ass car thieves do you have?!.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

At least they are better than the Quebec cops.

There was a scandal a few years back IIRC where a police helicopter in Quebec made an unofficial stop at a donut shop.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                  Now imagine if an SUV full of guns was left alone in a large US city for 4 months.
                  Good clean (or messy) fun

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                    Jeesh, what kind of lazy lame ass car thieves do you have?!.

Someday, Canada will conquer Germany and vanquish your Russian mafia.^-^
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      And are all Canadians as humorless as you are?
                      What do you expect from someone with a Lester B. Pearson avatar?
                      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Meh, Russian mafia are wimps..Albinian on the other hand.

Why does every keep thinking I'm German btw?
                        For the last time: same colors, different order and direction.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Thats amazing.

I don't know what they're doing down in Toronto, but if that car were in Ottawa it would have been broken into 100 times over.

One of my friends had his broken into... and got his electric toothbrush stolen. His CD collection, stereo and about 20 bucks cash were all still there

Comment

That's freaking hilarious! Maybe the robber's breath was just that bad .

Comment

Toronto is a terrible city. Traffic nightmare, smoggy, overcrowded, and it tries too hard to be like New York.

Dundas Square. Give me a break.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X