Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With a name like Sithole, can you really blame him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With a name like Sithole, can you really blame him?

Transvestite athlete exposed in Zimbabwe

HARARE, Zimbabwe (AP) - A prize winning track athlete who competed in women's events was actually a man, a court in Zimbabwe has been told.

Samukaliso Sithole, who competed in domestic and regional competitions, faced charges of crimen injuria, or psychological offense, in the second city of Bulawayo, the state-run Herald newspaper reported Wednesday.

Prosecutors alleged Sithole offended the dignity and sexuality of a woman who befriended him, confided in him and felt comfortable being naked around him, all the while believing him to a woman, the newspaper said.

Sithole was identified as a man to the complainant by an acquaintance, as he and a group of women were preparing to travel by train to a track meet in Bulawayo, the court heard Tuesday.

Sithole tried to sprint away from the train station but was caught. Police then supervised a medical examination.

Sithole told the court he was born congenitally deformed. A tribal healer, known in the West as a witchdoctor, gave him ``female status'' but the spell didn't work properly because his family didn't pay the healer's full fee, Sithole said.

He will reappear in court on March 3 and faces a fine if convicted.

The Herald said the National Athletics Association of Zimbabwe was investigating the case and Sithole would likely be stripped of his titles and prize money.

The Sithole competed in women's triple jump, javelin, shot-put and running events, and brought home Zimbabwe's only gold medal from the Southern Region Athletics Championships in neighboring Botswana last June.

Sounds to me like it's all the fault of the cheapskate witchdoctor. Witchdoctors
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

The news these days becomes ever more strange.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Slow news day was it?
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

There was a very similar case in Austria a few decades ago - without the witch doctor thing- with a female ski-athlete who was actually a man. Those people really have to suffer quite a bit. While it is OK to discuss the legitimacy of medals, this: "Prosecutors alleged Sithole offended the dignity and sexuality of a woman who befriended him, confided in him and felt comfortable being naked around him, all the while believing him to a woman, the newspaper said." is particularily sick. I'm sure the man did that to get a hard one...
        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Intriguing charge...so because she was naked in front of a man instead of a woman he is being charged with causing her psychological damage? I mean seriously, is she a Dutch seawall or something?

(Damn censor)
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

He sprinted away and was caught? Not much of a track athlete was he?
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Took the words right outa my mouth.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Better your mouth than your sithole.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

bump
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                  X