Oh how I laughed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh how I laughed...

I was looking for an email address for someone at work and came across this name. Imagine being lumbered with this name
    Attached Files
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

I don't get it... it must be some British joke or something.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

We had a Mr Cockadae as a customer at the place I used to work.

First name Ivor.

No, really.
      "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Everyone point and laugh at Sava for not getting it.

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Clear Skies
          We had a Mr Cockadae as a customer at the place I used to work.

First name Ivor.

No, really.
          Coulda been worse. Coulda been Ivan.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Or Isaac...
            "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Fanny Gravy is supposedly a funny name.

Fanny means **** in England.

It's still not very funny, but this is all the poor English have for comedy.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And you come from Canada.

Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  Everyone point and laugh at Sava for not getting it.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Sorry, I can't keep it in. Sava must share in the joke!

Sava: Fanny is British slang for butt. Imagine seeing someone who's name is Butt Gravy.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

A touch farther south than butt, Imran.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Everyone @ Imran.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I'm not sure about the humor of the name either, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest the initials? FYG = ***?

Fanny Gravy isn't terribly funny.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                              Everyone @ Imran.
                              Close butt no cigar Imran

Comment

Working...
                              X