Ever hear of Communicating?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever hear of Communicating?!

Today was a day wrought with communication problems.

I have been trying to hire handyman to do some work around the house to get it ready to sell or for the baby. I had this tip for this one guy and I called him up three weeks ago, he was all "I am doing this one job, but when I am done I will come and bid on your job." I was fine with that and he said he would get back to me in a week. A week comes and goes, and nothing! I call him three days in a row leaving messages each time. He finally calls on the fourth apologizing for not getting back to me sooner but he had been swampped cleaning up the last job. Alright, he says he'll come buy on day 5 to look at the job.

Day 5 comes and goes, no dude. I call, leave a message. Day 6 same thing. Day 7 he calls, comes over, and says he'll do it no problem. Great, I said get me a bid and you can start tomorrow. He's all no problem.

TOmorrow comes and goes, and the next... I call, leave message... etc. He calls on Day 14 apologizing that his mom was having some issues and he needed to take care of them. I tell him that is fine, but if he isn't going to repond then he needs to call. He says he needs to come out again to take some measurement to get a good bid. Fine! HE comes out the next day, takes the measurements and leaves. That was a week ago. No bid yet!

I called him and told him that I am sick of leaving messages and getting no response. That it doesn't seem to me that he wants the job, and that I would be looking for another person to do the work... On his answering machine!!!!

What a fewl.

At work some smug EH&S person was trying to tell me how to do my job.

And, in my job hunt I e-mailed the hiring manager for on eof the jobs that I interviewed with 2 weeks ago to see how everything was going... and nothing.

Is it me, or is the day after the superbowl an unscheduled holiday for smart ppl or something?
    Monkey!!!

Re: Ever hear of Communicating?!

Originally posted by Japher
    Is it me, or is the day after the superbowl an unscheduled holiday for smart ppl or something?
    Let me get back to you on that...
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

It's like the Melbourne Cup, dude.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Get another handyman.

Comment

Working...
        X