Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures from an old Polymeet!

Hey everyone,

Hope you're all doing well. I came across two old disposable cameras and had them developed...I forgot that I had taken pictures from the polymeet that Shi Huangdi, Snowfire and I had last year and never posted them!

Some of you may recall that we were posting as exaggerated versions of each other for comical benefit. That's what these pictures are of.

Here they are:
    Me (left) with Tom (Shi Huangdi)
    Attached Files
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Tom/Shi (left) with Peter (Snowfire)
    Attached Files
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

Cool
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Polymeets are teh kewl.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Orange!

Where the hell have you been?
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

They're not when they are spent sat around a laptop You should get down the boozer
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Him and Empress within a day of each other! The past is returning!
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Nice to see the pics finally come out, Bobby. We ought to get together again sometime, maybe this time crash Peter's place in NYC?

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                They're not when they are spent sat around a laptop You should get down the boozer
                Peter and I had both drove in to visit, and unlike in Britain it is considered impolite to drive after drinking here.
                "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Unlike in America we have a usable national public transport system.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                    Unlike in America we have a usable national public transport system.
                    And if America were the size of Britain, maybe that would be a practical idea for us.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Hi orange!
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

No ****? Empress?! Wow.

DRoseDARs - I kind of slipped off of Apolyton when all of the advertisements started popping up, to be honest. That and the fact that threads started disappearing off the front page faster than ever! I stopped posting at CGN for a while too, and now drop in there only occasionally.

I actually just graduated from University (January 8th), and am out looking for employment!

Provost - We were only on the laptop for 20 minutes or so. Isn't it considered common courtesy to post on Apolyton when you have a polymeet? We went out to grab some food, chatted for a while (girls and politics, mostly ) and then they had to get going. We posted about it, I just forgot to get the pictures developed!

Hi UR

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                          I actually just graduated from University (January 8th), and am out looking for employment!
                          How are the prospects in your field?
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Nice to see the pics finally come out, Bobby. We ought to get together again sometime, maybe this time crash Peter's place in NYC?
                            He has a place in New York City? Or a dorm room? If the former, what kind of work is he doing and how can he afford it?!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

How are the prospects in your field?
                              ****ty.

Kidding...I graduated with a double major in Political Science and History...problem is I don't know exactly what it is I want to do. I used to want to teach, but I found the Education classes at college to be monotonous and a waste of my time and money, so I changed majors. Then I figured out that I could add a major and graduate early if I juggled some things around. I wasn't prepared for the idea that I'd have to know what I wanted to do 6 months early.

I talked to Shi recently, and since we have very similar majors, I asked him for some ideas. Right now I'm working night shift at the grocery store down the street to earn some money while I decide. I also have a prospective job with a group which does fundraising for public interest research and public policy groups (mainly Environmentalism, Consumer Advocacy, Social change, etc.) so I may do that for a little while. Eventually I think I'd like to get into politics, but I'm having trouble finding out exactly how one does that

Comment

Working...
                              X