Simpsons Trainspotting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simpsons Trainspotting

When will the 'Trainspotting Effect' wear off and people stop watching the Simpsons so that advertisers will pull it?

I just watched the one that was on after the Superbowl and man it sucked ****!

It was the first new one I've seen in a long time.

I think the Simpsons has just slowly evolved into a lower-quality product mindlessly capitalizing on its past successes, there was no one J.T.S. moment in my opinion.
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

I actually kind of liked it. Brady coming out on a Segway with "Everyone sucks but me" was awesome .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The ideas for the Simpsons has dried up based on what I have seen.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

The Simpsons are all terrible now.

Comment

I watched it with some friends who are big Simpons fans... and they even siad it sucked

Simpons Suked!!!!!!!!!!!
          Monkey!!!

Comment

I liked all the Superbowl dances, those were pretty cool.

I agree with Siddiqui, Brady coming out on that Segway was hilarious.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The Simpsons has sucked for years. Tonights episode was the best in a long, long time.
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I liked the Simpsons a lot before. It hasn't sucked for years (unlike what joncha says). As a former fan, I noticed the downfall of quality in just the last two years.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Is it mainly because of lack of ideas? And what was with that show after The Simpsons?

Comment

Yes, that show takes the cake for stupid. It tried too hard for laughs and feel way short.

Of course any show that relies on a talking fish and alien for laughs must be pretty desperate.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You're talking about American Dad which was made by the makers of Family Guy. They're bringing back Family Guy in May and I guess somehow they got American Dad in there with the deal. The premise is a bit over done and the only good banter I could see was between the father and daughter. The mother has no personality and the talking fish is just dumb.

Still, at least they try to make the show funny, which is more than I can say for the Simpsons.

Oh, and for the record, Lebron James does not have a mustache!!!

Comment

I just hate all the preposterous plots. and endless celebrities.

I'm not asking the show to be realistic. Just get back to the basics. The town of springfield and all its crazy characters.

But I guess after this many episodes, there's really not many stories the springfield gang can get into.

Comment

I haven't watched the latest episodes, but my friend, and He's a great Simpsons fun, says the same. He's said that all the personalities are still there, it's the same show, but the stories are as if were written by someone else.
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

Celebrities in Simpsons episodes almost always equal boring.
                            It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

except for kelsey grammer and david hyde pierce.

That one ranks up there as one of my favorites.
                              And the other Sideshow Bob ones are right up there too.
                              Or the Stonecutters.
                              It's when the celebrities play themselves, that's when there is a problem.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X