mobile programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobile programming

Anyone of you know about the subject? I've been doing some small applications for cell phones with java and symbian, I've simulated them but I'm thinking, can a rotten application actually ruin your cell phone? I mean, if you're not quite sure if the resources are taken into care properly, and something happens, can it actually damage your cell phone?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Yeah, sure it can. Theres this one virus that makes your phone useless...It simply reboots it in infinite loop so that you cant even attempt to remove it
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Well, viruses are not my concern. Furthermore the viruses on cell phones are exaggarated security risk. Sure it's there, but it's not the end of hte world.

Sure it can damage a cell phone, a rotten application, however I was just thinking how realistic it is if you might have some memory problems created. Mostly because there's warnings everywhere but they are always you know 'don't touch yourself or it'll break!'. Can happen but very unlikely. If it simulates well and OK, is there a remote possibility it still damages your cell phone? Do you know about mobile programming or are you just guessing here? Experts please...
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

And no, none of you bastards are going to see the beautiful algorithms.
        In da butt.

Comment

I never said I know anything about mobile programming

So why would you like to have such an app?
          Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

kysy poliisilta! Tai ameriikan presidentiltä!

In da butt.

Comment

Well Java runs in a sandbox, which you cannot leave, unless there is a bug in the VM.
              I'd say it's pretty difficult to kill your handy with a home written java app.

I've done a short java app for mobile phones once. It didn't work until I figured out, I had to use threads because the dialog that requests clearance to access the internet would always use the main thread and the program would hang (or so, I don't remember exactly).

Don't know about native symbian programs.

Comment

Working...
              X